Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,359   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kossi008 View Post
    There is *always* manipulation in photography. It's just a matter of taste how much is too much.
    Perhaps the ultimate expression of manipulation is the use of the red filter and the resulting black sky, Ansel Adams' Monolith for instance. And I find that generally when printing a landscape image I add the sky by burning or using a different contrast filter. Mostly I'm pleased by the result but again this is subjective and not every one agrees on the result, particularly if the resulting sky is or approaches black.
    Regards
    Charles

noumin
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    To continue on the lines of what 'truth' in photography means to me; when I see an B&W image on a wall or magazine, I am unconsciously drawn toward it.

I have a bit of a struggle : You talk of truth in photography, yet, in the same sentence
    you say your drawn towards b&w photography. How truthful can b&w photography possibly be, taking
    all the color away ? I'm not talking about accurate color rendition, but the lack of color per se.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin