Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,194   Online: 843

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An eBay search for Minty = 1633 Items in the Cameras & Photo category.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    "Minty" == "Don't buy from these people"

There are a few specific people on eBay who always use these type of descriptions and their prices are always a rip-off. GoKevinCameras and the various HK guys come to mind.

Rip-off.
    For a laugh a Googled 'GoKevinCameras" and found exactly what you were talking about.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never, ever bid if there is no return policy. I bought a M42 PENTAX lens only to have it have the aperture lever for a Nikon. The seller said, well it is M42 mount. But the pin my Pentax needed was not there. People go to great lengths to cheat on eBAY. So I gave a bad feedback, he then reported me for NO PAY. I had another try to pass off a RUSTED, wet basement stinking camera as mint.

Untested, no battery, "I don't know about cameras" are internet speak for let me screw you for being so stupid.

Shooter
    35mm
    Although there are certainly a lot of disreputable dealers on eBay, there are also sellers who legitimately just don't know what they're selling. One of my best eBay purchases was of a Tamron 24mm lens with a blurry listing picture and a confusing description. I don't recall if the seller claimed not to know much about cameras, but it was obvious that the seller didn't know much about that particular lens. I got it for a very low price and it was flawless.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin