Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,794   Online: 849

View Poll Results: What's you favorite season to photograph?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spring

8 13.79%
  • Summer

7 12.07%
  • Fall

21 36.21%
  • Winter

22 37.93%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Southern California has two seasons: ski season and conditioning for ski season and both are good for biking. Flowers bloom all year around so who needs Spring? Fall, just drive to Yuccipa, eastern Sierras or Tahoe for fall colors no leaves to rake when you get home. Winter, drive or fly to the snow. The snow is on the mountains for the skiers and snowboarders, ice is on skating rinks and in drinks; putting either on the sidewalks and streets is just plain stupid - it not a complicated program, get with it! Just pick your season when you want.

Don't tell me your do not want to be around earthquakes: Quebec province and Rockville Maryland just had them.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Winter, the light in Indiana is gorgeous in winter. In summer, its usually nothing but harsh ugly sun.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    winter
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Southern California has two seasons: ski season and conditioning for ski season and both are good for biking. Flowers bloom all year around so who needs Spring? Fall, just drive to Yuccipa, eastern Sierras or Tahoe for fall colors no leaves to rake when you get home. Winter, drive or fly to the snow. The snow is on the mountains for the skiers and snowboarders, ice is on skating rinks and in drinks; putting either on the sidewalks and streets is just plain stupid - it not a complicated program, get with it! Just pick your season when you want.

Don't tell me your do not want to be around earthquakes: Quebec province and Rockville Maryland just had them.

Steve
    Why are you trying to convince MORE people to move here? It is the last thing we need.

Ones thinking about moving here, or who moved here already: This place is TERRIBLE. There is nothing here for you.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Summer. I can use iso 20, 25, 50 without tripod, day is long, shadows are long and strong, I have vacation usually in summer ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Why are you trying to convince MORE people to move here? It is the last thing we need.

Ones thinking about moving here, or who moved here already: This place is TERRIBLE. There is nothing here for you.
    Crap! I blew it again. At least I did not tell them how boring it is with the temperature today like it was yesterday; blue skies, no clouds day after day; - in the 70's; and a cold snap is when it does not get to 72 degree F by 10 AM.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclark View Post
    Autumn, though autumn where I live now (S. California) means something different than autumn where I grew up (Tennessee), just due to climatic differences.
    Yes.... autumn, not fall!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I voted winter because I like the softer light and the bare trees, but autumn and spring can be real favorites as well, depending on where I live. I usually don't shoot much in the summer unless I'm travelling, because of the heat, the harsh light, or in my current situation, the rain.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    summer - longer days - less stuff to carry around, you're hot anyways ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wheres the choice for "all the above"? Ilive with my cameras year round, and dont play favorites. My cameras are just like my children that way, I'll spend time with whichever comes to me with something to do, no matter when.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin