Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,462   Online: 1122

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    Yes i am tired of anti digital threads, tired of the digital claims, tired of trying to explain the differences, tired of trying to explain that film in and of itself has a personality that is integral to the image, tired of my computer, tired from too much pasta for diner, tired of waiting for some fine apugger to let me know they have a freezer full of kodak pro 1000 that they'd love to sell me, i'm just plain tired and I'm going to bed.
    20 rolls for a $1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

probably not frozen though

Have a good sleep!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    check..

Do your thing. Do it well.
    Then no one will question your methods. Especially you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    20 rolls for a $1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

probably not frozen though

Have a good sleep!
    I grew tired of those postage stamp negs a long time ago I am looking for 120. Thanks anyway.

P.s. couldn't sleep last night too much garlic in the pasta...

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
    rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    "Do not go gentle into that good night,
    rage, rage against the dying of the light."
    Unless of course the "good night" you are going into is in a darkroom!
    Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another Dylan Thomas fan! I loosely paraphrased him in another thread - seems appropriate for those who support traditional photo methods ( and other worthy but posssibly losing causes).
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    After some consideration I have come to the conclusion that pointing out some of the pitfalls of electronic imaging can be helpful to some who are at present ambivalent as to their personal direction on photography.

There is no need to deride the technology, as this is the cutting edge of a brand new art form. A while back (read: way back) I needed to decide what form my own creativity should take. Water color, oil, line, sculpture, photography which? I studied the aspects of each as they applied to me, personally. The cheapest was water color (acrylic et c.) and many of my friends were doing it including the Mate. But I needed to have an outlet for chemical, mechanical, and electronic interests. Traditional photography was the obvious choice. Today it could as well be digital, but I hate what Im doing right now siting before a crt pounding a keyboard. I also treat my cameras like a tool. I keep them in operation, use them, and put them away. Id like to do that with my computer too. However I need to keep upgrading hardware, software, and there seems to always require some sort of personal interface I cannot just hang it up like a hammer and get it out whenever needed then hang it back when finished.

And I never worry about getting a virus in my cameras or film.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bob
    After some consideration I have come to the conclusion that pointing out some of the pitfalls of electronic imaging can be helpful to some who are at present ambivalent as to their personal direction on photography.

There is no need to deride the technology, as this is the cutting edge of a brand new art form. A while back (read: way back) I needed to decide what form my own creativity should take. Water color, oil, line, sculpture, photography which? I studied the aspects of each as they applied to me, personally. The cheapest was water color (acrylic et c.) and many of my friends were doing it including the Mate. But I needed to have an outlet for chemical, mechanical, and electronic interests. Traditional photography was the obvious choice. Today it could as well be digital, but I hate what Im doing right now siting before a crt pounding a keyboard. I also treat my cameras like a tool. I keep them in operation, use them, and put them away. Id like to do that with my computer too. However I need to keep upgrading hardware, software, and there seems to always require some sort of personal interface I cannot just hang it up like a hammer and get it out whenever needed then hang it back when finished.

Very eloquent, very personal, full of common sense and for me one of the best posts in the long running analogue v digital debate. Thank you dr bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dr bob,
    Very well said.

mrcallow - I've got about 20 or so rolls of different 120 transparency film in my freezer - Ektachrome 64; 100 and some Fuji Velvia. It's been there for quite a while (10 years or so) so I am not sure how good it is. For $10.00 & cost of shipping, it's yours. Frees up some space for more B&W 120 and 4x5 film.
    Either e-mail me or send a PM.
    gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bob
    I do! I've had an ant colony appear inside a TLR, and I've lost an unfair number of lenses, slides, and negatives to fungus.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KB PhotoRant PhotoPermit APUG flickr Robot

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin