Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,470   Online: 953

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "It's shameful behavior that give photographers a bad reputation."

...and all too common.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cfclark View Post
    So where exactly would you store your dead cats?
    Crockpot???? Hey, times are tough!

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did a bunch of yard work for a couple that kept their dead pets in the freezer until they buried them. While they were certainly eccentric (and thank god that eccentric people still exist despite our society's attempts to make them disappear), they did not mistreat me as a worker or as a human being in any way.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I feel this woman is irresponsible for working for free. I don't care if she has lots to learn, Giving away work services for free lowers the standard of the industry. It takes money away from those who are good and what they do and charge for it.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think this is the case of free labor. Internship, when done correctly, is an exchange of labor for training and education. Both sides walks away with net plus.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In most Canadian jurisdictions, until the last 50 years or so, legal interns (aka articling students) weren't paid, in fact they had to pay their principals (bosses).

And it is still fairly common that articling students agree to work (for almost a year) for free, or a very small stipend.

Completion of a year (or so) of articles is a necessary pre-requisite for being permitted to practise law in my jurisdiction.

So unpaid internships aren't limited to just photography.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by 6x9 View Post
    I watched the first 30 seconds and already came to my conclusion.

Any person who stores a dead cat inside their freezer is crazy.
    Any person who works for someone who stores a dead cat in their freezer is insane.

uh... I have a bag of dead frozen mice in my freezer... My snake has to eat too
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Multi Format
    She graduated from Cornell with an English/Sociology degree. She probably expected to get a high paying job two weeks after graduation. Instead, she ended up being an unpaid lackey for some whack job photographer. Who has the problem? The photographer or her?

Too many college grads, these days, get upset when they aren't sitting in the corner office of a high rent office building a week after graduation. This chick basically got a dose of reality and she didn't like the taste of it.

The smartest thing she did was quit.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to hear what the model thought of having her feet tickled.
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Feet tickled? She was lucky that she didn't have to do the ice on the nipple thing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin