Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,709   Online: 909

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    MAAN (much ado about nothing)
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    MAAN (much ado about nothing)
    But then, how come that "case" got onto the blog of a professional? photography magazine.

First I thought that was an American issue of intolerance, the kind of glimpse of a man regarding as sexual insult kind of thing.

But the reaction of many other member showed me it isn't.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But then, how come that "case" got onto the blog of a professional? photography magazine.

First I thought that was an American issue of intolerance, the kind of glimpse of a man regarding as sexual insult kind of thing.

But the reaction of many other member showed me it isn't.
    Entertainment value? I mean, "Alex" is one pretty lady and she gave quite a professional performance in her video...it sounded/looked more like a promo tape for an acting job.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I got to the point in the video where she didn't quit at having the photog insist on calling her Alex.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    It was a very odd video. Firstly, why even make such a thing if you decide not to 'out' the photographer in question? Unless, that is, the photographer is so universally famous that the name "A" is enough for us to know it's Annie Leibovitz making this gossip-worthy information that's important enough to be picked up by mainstream photo sites. Seemingly the intern was desperate to share this partial gossip with the world rather than keep in with her circle of friends which would be the case for any other weird account of interning.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if assisting for pay is better than interning for free. For some people, not paying for a service or a product reduces the perceived value. If I interned for free, I'd expect some knowledge and respect for my sweat. After all, we all had to start from the bottom and want to be treated well.

Shooter
    35mm
    An apparently successful attempt at viral marketing for fame, fortune and a good job. She's every bit as narcissistic, calculating, and shrewd as "A", and will no doubt land on her feet, unlike the dead cat-sicle.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    An apparently successful attempt at viral marketing for fame, fortune and a good job. She's every bit as narcissistic, calculating, and shrewd as "A", and will no doubt land on her feet, unlike the dead cat-sicle.
    That's not why she did it. She made the video to enter a contest (which required video entry) for "worst internship experience", with the winner getting a $500 gift card to Macy's. I wish people had the intelligence to read before they start spouting off about something they know nothing about. Its so much more fun to slam someone you don't know, isn't it?
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be fair to us ignorant people.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscrawfordphoto View Post
    I wish people had the intelligence to read before they start spouting off about something they know nothing about.
    Where could we find that information about a contest?
    I did not even see that there was a video (blocked by my computer).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin