Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,458   Posts: 1,643,783   Online: 792

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When someone picks up the knowledge of the craft of photography and understates how to operate a camera and a light meter without any aid from the camera and is able to do so producing meaningful images, then, they are a photographer. It is not keeping your camera on automatic and firing enough pictures to put them together to form an animation. It is putting thought in to pressing the button...most times.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marco.taje View Post
    Absooolutely lovely!! Tell her she just started a Cult :-)
    And be very careful how you say it
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It's not when you call yourself a photographer, It's when people who are photographers call you one.
    I would concur with this definition, for photographers, philosophers and poets.

Damn.... that means I'll have to call myself a polymath!
    The Thing

Portfolio

Film Cameras currently used:
    Large/Stort-format: Ebony 45SU (field camera), Medium/Medlem-format: Mamiya 7, Hasselblad 503CW
    35mm/Små format: Nikon: F4, D800 (yes digital, I know)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I get older, titles are becoming less important to me. Most people are like a diamond that has many facets. You'll miss the whole jewel if you just look at one facet. Calling me a "photographer" is not that important to me. I'm not what I do. However, I'd like to be called a "Renaissance man"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin