Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,723   Online: 980

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You don't like your photos being dubbed as postcard worthy, so I'm guessing you consider photography an art form. Good start.
    I really hope this doesn't seem harsh, but the photos you've attached are closer to holiday snapshots than fine art. I think you really need to get some photography books and study photographs and think more intelligently about composition and lighting. My photographs aren't brilliant, mediocre at best, but spending as much (if not more) time looking at images and figuring out why they work, why they grab my attention, why they make me think, I'm taking much better photographs than I would if I shot more than I studied. The images you've attached are very... illustrative, if that's a word to use. They don't convey anything, they have no mood, drama, mystery, subtlety or real beauty even though I'm sure these are gorgeous locations.

You could start by going out and composing 80/20 and using the rule of thirds. As simple as that stuff is, you'll soon discover how powerful thoughtful composition is, but think about light first and foremost.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Also, what the hell is 'PIZZAS'?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

http://www.whattheduck.net/strip/761

Learn editing out your crap photos. Try out different styles so you can find your own. And sometimes the best form of photography involves waiting for the right moment and involves NOT taking a picture. That's editing too.

and I'm all out of clichés. Good Luck.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by batwister View Post
    Also, what the hell is 'PIZZAS'?
    It's a round piece of flat bread with toppings on it, such as parma ham, prosciutto, olives, tomato sauce, basil, olive oil, mozzarella di bufala, oregano, etc. Very tasty...

Pizazz, on the other hand, can be added by experimentation, thinking outside the box, trying new things, pushing limits, exceeding limits, learning from it, and then applying it.
    Express what's within you. Mood. What do you like, (and be honest about that one)?

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah, 'pee-zazz'. What an odd word that is, even when spelt right.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin