Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,896   Online: 1078

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Exactly Gene!!!

New photo mags are not published in New Zealand very often. Here's one after its first month of publication that the owner appears to be tired of already :-(
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Books/Magaz...w+magazine.htm

So what's wrong with maintaining a wonderful website entirely dedicated to those people dedicated to traditional methods of photography?

The best revenge is to be happy with what you do and successful to boot!
    Last edited by John McCallum; 08-18-2004 at 02:26 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay, here's what I'll do: in deference to the terms of this forum, I'll post only those images where minimal PS work was done to match the file with the tranny. The prints would be better than what gets shown here.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    The attitude in my opinion is more a backlash by us who have developer instead of blood. We were using film long before bytes. When the digital world of photography started it was interesting. Then it began to overwhelm. It is now almost seen as we are terrorists (meaning that as a joke) for not going digital. At every turn we are bombarded with yet more people/adverting/magazines that are telling us we have to go digital.
    Interesting way of putting it, but it sadly seems true (the terrorist part). I shoot film because of the quality, and because visualizing and composing images in the field is much more satisfying than anything I could do on the computer. FWIW - I'm a C++ programmer, so I am fully aware of what computers can do.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    The more I read comments about working in a darkroom the more I wish I had the space for one. My Minolta can supposidly figure everything out for me and leave me with just the task of pressing the shutter release but I do so love the process of framing, focusing, metering, adjusting for the meters faults (TTL meter), shaking off my beginners tension, and then finally snapping the shot. I don't know that my amateur photos speak for the work I put into each shot but I still love the process. I can spend 20 minutes stalking a dragonfly trying to catch it in a still moment and never notice the time that passes. If I were to see that dragonfly appear on paper before my eyes I think I would cry.

I get stressed out by photography at times but never do I feel stressed when I have the camera in my hands. Some people drink to calm their nerves, I grab my camera. The computer doesn't do that for me, there's no magic to it, there's no emotional connection. I have seen any number of my photos appear on the screen after scanning them and it doesn't feel magical or special. I've even explored the capabilities of a graphics program - that didn't feel very special to me either.

I have no idea why I'm babbling - sleep dreprived impulse I guess.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anyte
    The more I read comments about working in a darkroom the more I wish I had the space for one. My Minolta can supposidly figure everything out for me and leave me with just the task of pressing the shutter release but I do so love the process of framing, focusing, metering, adjusting for the meters faults (TTL meter), shaking off my beginners tension, and then finally snapping the shot. I don't know that my amateur photos speak for the work I put into each shot but I still love the process. I can spend 20 minutes stalking a dragonfly trying to catch it in a still moment and never notice the time that passes. If I were to see that dragonfly appear on paper before my eyes I think I would cry.
    I've put darkrooms in 3 foot square closets. If theres a will.....
    If you have a space you think *might* work, ask us how to proceed.
    Gary Beasley

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin