Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,500   Online: 923

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

self destructing Photoshop

I begging to some experienced software engineers/programmers to create a virus that only effects photoshop folder in a computer and renders it useless..

looking at the "best" photos at photo.net i want to stab myself in the face with a pitchfork..

done ranting...

Images
    Here is something better for you. Quit wasting your time worrying about what the lemmings on photo.net like or don't like and work on your own photography
    hi!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Brian's on the right track. Remove photo.net from your "favourites" folder on the web browser and your eyesight will be saved from self-inflicted harm.

Cheers,
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Here is something better for you. Quit wasting your time worrying about what the lemmings on photo.net like or don't like and work on your own photography
    hear hear!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    was browsing photosig the other day and found some of the images very bizarre. It's looking more and more popular to have wild colors and many objects added to the images. I saw a scene of a field and lake, and someone then added a hotair ballon, then added a fake reflection of the ballon in the lake. It really looked terrible, and many of the comments are like "great photograph!! i love what you did with making the reflection!". Had they said "great digital illustration!" I would have been happy, but "great photograph" on something that has been tweaked beyond recognition of the original, yeah, pitchfork to the face about sums it up, hehe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good Advice
    Will put it into use right away!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't know Brian, one of the ways one grows in photography is by looking at other people's work (at least IMO). If you visit a "photography" site and 90% of the images are PS manipulated or created, well, as nice as it could be, it is still and electronic rendition. IMO a photograph is not a photograph until it is on paper, I don't care what medium, ink jet, llfocIhrome etc, etc. I can understand Deniz's frustration, I also have been looking at PN lately and most I have seen has been digital capture and rendition, no paper.

The problem I see is that it seems to be going all that way, usefilm, photosig, etc....all are mostly digital capture images processed in PS and specifically for web sites. How is one to learn photography if all you see is digital PS images?

Unfortunately we don't see much color work here. Which is something I would like to see more, Mrcallow had some very nice images at ebay, I would have like to see some here, b.e.wilson also does some very nice work, c'mon color people get posting! you all know my preference is B&W, but it is getting boring here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    I begging to some experienced software engineers/programmers to create a virus that only effects photoshop folder in a computer and renders it useless..

looking at the "best" photos at photo.net i want to stab myself in the face with a pitchfork..

done ranting...
    I understand completely. I think that the saddest thing about this is that PS takes people away from actually taking pictures and moves them in front of the computer screen. It seems this is the lazy way out. FWIW, this past weekend I was out shooting at a Hawaiian fish pond, and exploring the different compositions and viewpoints from my camera. Can't do this with PS.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Unfortunately we don't see much color work here. Which is something I would like to see more, Mrcallow had some very nice images at ebay, I would have like to see some here, b.e.wilson also does some very nice work, c'mon color people get posting! you all know my preference is B&W, but it is getting boring here.
    I've just started posting images pretty recently, all in color, and I plan on posting more in the future. However, from what I've seen most APUG members seem more interested in B&W - I base this observation on the number of view and comments an image receives. As I pointed out in another thread, the B&W images in the gallery have re-awakened my desire to shoot B&W again (which I did this weekend).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin