Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,825   Online: 738

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi from sunny Australia,

I have been buying up film for the past 5 or so Years.....As predicted choice of film has reduced alot, I have a very large amount of frozen film.
    I will contuinue to replace the stock on hand where possible as I use it.

My last film purchace was 20 rolls of Kodak 100 gold 35mm Short dated at $1 a roll and some more Pan F 50 120mm

Yes I have too many cameras ......one more won't matter....

Yes I have been buying cameras and lenses at Bargin prices, How can I help it .....I bought a Nikon FE with a minor issue (Cleaning needed) for $25.00 and a Nikon 20mm 3.5 AI lense for $135.00 !!!!! how do you resist that.

The crazy thing that is happening is Pentax Screw mount 50mm 1.4 and Kmount lenses are selling for more than I paid for the Nikon 20mm.

I can have alot more fun with a 20mm a FE and film..........

I suspect the crazy prices are being driven br Pentax digital cameras.

Other crazy priced lenses sold on $bay:- Pentax K 50mm 1.2 $450.00 Pentax M 85 f2 $405.00 !!!! that is just nuts.

Johnkpap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I buy both film and cameras. I have not been able to keep the Leicas from the hoarders, but I am working on keeping all the rest of the 35mm, MF and LF cameras and film from them! Come on, someone has to stimulate the economy!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I always advised large format photographers that buying more film holders was more important than buying more lenses. This comes from the simple fact that having more opportunities to photograph (directly linked to the number of loaded film holders you carry with you) will make you a better photographer. Therefore, having more film available to you and the willingness to use the film will make you a better photographer. The only thing more equipment does for you is complicate the entire photographic process and will result in making fewer photographs.

Play it as you wish. This is how I see it.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lens prices are going up because many of the 4/3 digital cameras have adapters for anything and everything that resembles a lens. Collector bodies are still holding their values or going up but users are very cheap.

Film prices for chromes are way up though. It used to be cheap to shoot chromes but no more! Neg film is still pretty cheap though.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy film.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I say buy both. Buy film to send a message that it's still in demand, and buy cameras to keep them shooting.

I like buying cameras, especially if it keeps them out of the hands of my local, unscrupulous dealers.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    buying flm / paper or cameras is the easy part ..
    using them is the hard part ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the material object is part of every photographer fetishism. i own a awful number of cameras, nikon f90x (2), f2, f3, fm2, pentax me-super, spotmatic, lx, minox gt, olimpus mju, minolta rf himatic, lomo lca, horizon, hasselblad 500 & 501, fuji ga & gw, ikon zeiss 645,mamiya pro tl, holga, a toyo g and an old burke and james 8x10 and a lot of lenses for some cameras. do i need them all? no but i like my cameras and i feel better having them. On the rail is a ikon zeiss RF 35mm or a Leica M they are atractive objects and perfect tools. i do not own a digital camera...

film: i usually shoot a lot and buy a lot, usually foma, agfa and tri-x but also some color film! i have to feed the cameras.

do not worry if people are buying cameras, no one is asking how many brushes had picasso or how many graffiti paint cans has bansky or how many gallons of paint did seurat used
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    joe lipka

you should carry a dark cloth changing bag!

i just own 15 film holders (4x5) and just 2 8x10"

:-)
    vive la resistance!

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Ricus.stormfire;1081908]Well it seems you guys in the 1st world get everything much cheaper, $20? that's like R140, that'll probably go for R600 - R900* here (which is $85 - $128), so that gives me better understanding as to the why, they are dirt cheap there...

If it is any consolation I have never seen any decent cameras for the equivalent of $20 in the U.K. but then again I have never seen or been offered good enlargers or other good darkroom equipment which were otherwise going to a rubbish dump.

Bargains may be scarcer in the U.K. than the U.S.

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin