Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,487   Online: 1068

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Indeed, when I was a wee lad and desired an Olympus, there was no way I could pay for it. Now I can get one for a (relatively) trivial amount of money, because of increased earning power, depreciation of the gear, and decades of inflation.
    ...an Olympus??? When I was a wee lad and desired a candy bar, I had to beg my mother to buy me one! I had no idea what an "Olympus" was!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a camera problem. I can not stop buying thrift store and garage sale cameras. Usually they are cheaper than a roll of film.
    I also have a lot of "dead format" cameras.
    Get real I'm never going to use my Ansco Pioneer. But it came with a lot of flash bulbs that i gotta have for 10 bucks.
    So is my Argus 75 for $5 dollars. and My Kodak Tourist II for 75 cents. I have to rescue them!!
    But there are camera that I use from those sales. 9 dollar Petri 7S. 10 dollar Olympus Pen EE. 30 dollar Minolta 7000. I can not refuse. Once again, i have to rescue them....
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    ...an Olympus??? When I was a wee lad and desired a candy bar,
    I was taking photography classes at summer camp when I was 8 or 9, and the teacher had one. I was using an Argus, and my dad's old Silette.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin