Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,208   Online: 781

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddym View Post
    Take some time to read the book "Art and Fear," by David Bayles and Ted Orland. If that doesn't inspire you to create art, nothing will.
    i just ordered it but it will take 2 weeks to arrive they say. i'm pretty curious about it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    will someone without a facebook account be able to view it ?
    i no longer have an account with FB but would love to see
    the work you are talking about
    John- here is a link to my Facebook album -

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&l=a7f5717625

In the interests of full disclosure, these are cellphone snaps, just in case anyone gets their knickers in a knot. It's a creative exercise in seeing, not a finished product.

Shooter
    Large Format
    thanks scott !

it is good to make exposures and see stuff every day.
    that salad and salsa are making me hungry !
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    thanks scott !

it is good to make exposures and see stuff every day.
    that salad and salsa are making me hungry !
    john
    Two weeks to go in my picture a day challenge. I'm looking out my window today at the familiar landscape I photographed dozens of times over the year, and I don't feel the least bit jaded. The seasons have turned to what they were when I began my challenge and I see angles and shapes and possibilities of light in the frozen landscape that are drawing me away from my computer and out to explore once again.

Am I just imagining that this challenge has taught me to see differently? Maybe... I thought my eye was pretty good to begin with, but it has taught me the discipline to dig deeper and work harder than I had in the past.

One other thing that I do every once in awhile to spur creativity... clean my darkroom.
    Try it... use a shovel if necessary. Renewing your workspace is a great way to inspire you to use it more and better.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK I was just kidding about the drinking. What I really do when I wat to be creative and dont feel any photographic creativity is.....wait for it........oh the sacrilege........I........do.........something else! Something that I DO feel creative in! I have the sneaky feeling a lot of people here dont have any other creative pursuits. I would (and did) go nuts without playing music, writing music, writing poems, nonfiction, building boats...I was born with a darkroom in the house and I'll die with one in the house but there's a lot more in life too. It almost hurts to watch how some people just keep trying to make it work when it just aint working. try doing something else, if the muse wants to come back it will. I shudder looking back at those chilling lost hours I spent reading Art and Fear, which only made me realize I needed to do SOMETHING ELSE.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin