Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,687   Online: 715

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    I do streetphotography, so if it's usable in the shot everything goes. And sometimes there emerges an other photo out of the duckers and stoppers
    ....took the red pill, and just buckled up....

Chris

flickr&blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotophox View Post
    do you appreciate the consideration or does it annoy you? What do you do if you want people walking through the shot?
    As they are trying to be considerate it would be wrong to be annoyed by them even if they're not doing what you want them to do.

Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll always stop (and wait a moment if necessary) rather than knowingly walk in front of someone taking a picture (whether they be a professional photographer or a kid with a mobile phone).

And I appreciate it when someone does the same for me...a quick thank-you if I'm taking the shot, or waving them on, again with a quick "OK" or "thanks", if I;m not quite ready to press the shutter.

Surely it's just common sense and normal politeness? Or I am just old-fashioned?

Shooter
    35mm
    I stop also and smile when others stop for me. I normally wave them on.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    When people come into my view, I start to tell some of my jokes and then they run off in terror!

Jeff
    Don't we all...!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    What annoys me sometimes is people not paying any attention to anything what-so-ever, talking on cell phone, and walk really slowly through my frame or stop right in the middle. Usually, I just wait or move to a new location. I'm usually not in rush to complete my photograph.
    Try walking right up to them and shooting closeups. If they complain, just say innocently, "Oh! I thought you wanted to be in my picture!
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Chambers View Post
    But how about walking through other people's shots?
    In former times I always stopped when I realised someone was trying to take a photograph of some object/person and I was crossing the angle of view (asserting that only a rare breed of photographers would like me to interfere with their image).

With all that constant photographing all around I don't bother with any kind of photographer any longer.
    (Might do so though with an analogue photographer, but don't come across such any longer anyway.)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The subject of the photograph dictates whether I stop or walk through. If someone is photographing other people who are obviously posing for the picture, they don't want me in the frame, so I stop, or walk behind the photographer. If someone is doing street photography, I just keep on moving, assuming that "street photography"implies the presence of "street people."

But the question does remind me of a humorous anecdote: I was making long exposures of a Great Lakes freighter unloading aggregate one night. A dock worker walked up and then stopped so as not to get in my picture. I told him that as long as he kept moving he would not appear in my picture, which of course absolutely astounded him.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I usually just smile and wave 'em on. The people that want to talk can be annoying, but I consider that I am a freakshow hiding under a big cape like batman or something. If I am in a hurry, I speak to them in another language. That always works to dispatch them quickly. Swedish is my preferable language for this since no one speaks it, but I like Swedes so if someone spoke back I wouldn't mind missing the shot in order to meet a Swede. Never has happened though.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wave people through and, if they insist on waiting, I thank them and take the shot.
    Once, I was walking in New Orleans' French Quarter and this fellow was getting ready to take a photo. I stopped and waited... and waited... and waited. After a couple of minutes, I started walking and he snapped the photo with me in it. He called me a turkey.

It still makes me when I think about it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin