Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,020   Online: 932

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

People ducking/stopping to stay out of your shot

You probably know what I'm talking about. . . do you appreciate the consideration or does it annoy you? What do you do if you want people walking through the shot?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotophox View Post
    What do you do if you want people walking through the shot?
    I try to respect what they want.

Thats a lie. I dont do street photography, but if I DID, thats what I would do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I want people in the shot I try and be less obvious about taking the picture, or wait until no one's paying attention.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had some people move in front of my camera just to talk with each other blocking my photograph. Yes, I will tell them to move.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When people come into my view, I start to tell some of my jokes and then they run off in terror!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I actually prefer that they keep moving as opposed to me taking the shot. If I don't want them in the shot, they won't be. I don't know, but if someone stops and waits for me to take the shot, I feel rushed to actually do it, where's I would prefer they just keep moving.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wave them on with quick friendly banter and a smile, always gracious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stoppers and duckers have never been an issue for me. Those people are being accommodating to my needs and being (trying to be) nice. I'm always appreciative of such gesture.

If I was ready to shoot, I'd go ahead and shoot.
    If I wasn't ready to shoot, or a queue is starting to build up, then I'd say "I'm not ready yet, go ahead" (and wave)
    If I wanted people walking through my frame, then I'd let people through and wait for next opportunity. Once people are aware of the camera, they won't "act normal".
    In very rare occasions, if those people look interested or interesting, I explain what I am trying to do and sort of make them one of my "models." It happens rarely though. I've done that once with a lady and a cute little dog.

What annoys me sometimes is people not paying any attention to anything what-so-ever, talking on cell phone, and walk really slowly through my frame or stop right in the middle. Usually, I just wait or move to a new location. I'm usually not in rush to complete my photograph.

Especially for travel photographs, I do not like producing something that looks like travel brochures - pristine beach - no one but YOU in the scene.... it's so unrealistic. You KNOW it wasn't like that.... So I know what you are talking about.....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But how about walking through other people's shots?

If I'm in areas of Sydney city which are major tourist attractions with high density snappers I'm afraid I just walk on through if there isn't an easy detour or around if there is.

I will always await a clear moment if I'm shooting something myself where I'd rather not have folk in shot. I find people ducking and weaving about within their perception of the field of my shot very mildly annoying, but it's no big deal. I guess that I expect the same from others.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    speak softly and carry a big tripod, people instantly see you.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S /50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / A2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin