Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,575   Online: 1154

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    As I understand it, the cell-phone digital camera idiots prompted this law. They were taking photos of women in gyms and other such places and then emailing them or uploading them. I think, rather than the Video Voyerism law, we need one simply authorizing us to shoot people doing such stuff, and also shoot people who are talking on a cell phone while driving.
    juan
    Good points regarding improper use of a cellphone in the locker room and behind the wheel (the driving being the far worse of the two). However, proponents of this awful bill should note that photography of this sort potentially violates a number of existing laws. Let's concentrate on enforcement and proper interpretation of existing privacy laws.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Rat
    This is nothing more than what has been needed. A law to prosecute doosh bags who walk around the mall with a video camera on the end of a cane or their shoe. Up until recently the law was on their side because there is no "assumption of privacy" in public areas. This is intended to keep my private parts, well, private. As the father of a little girl I welcome it. The defenitions are pretty clear.They will work in the best interest of the general public.
    The Rat
    As the father of two beautiful teenage girls, I expect them to dress and carry themselves appropriately; thus avoiding such possibilities. Honestly, the shoe phone guys don't disgust me nearly as much as the authors of this bill.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear Mr. Skyguy
    This thread died 16 months ago. You just joined today. Welcome, and enjoy APUG. Current hot threads are in a link at the top right of the homepage.
    Robert Hunt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "You do NOT have a right to my likeness or my image. You have no right to my person or my body under any circumstance unless I give it to you first."

If you are in a public area, we do. Even if you are in your backyard & it is open to view from a public sidewalk, we do. You could argue about it if you were in your living room, but stand there with a big picture window where anyone walking by can look in and you will get an argument.

If we can see it, we can photograph it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin