Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,137   Online: 979

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

The Photographers Rights...

Everyone should be aware of their rights when it comes to capturing images in public places.

Link...
    "The photo is a thing in itself. And that's what still photography is all about." - Garry Winogrand

My Photography Blog
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website
    My Street Photography

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    While useful, it is specific to the United States of America and may not apply to members from other nations with different laws.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here is the UK version: http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/u...ers-rights-v2/

This was updated a couple of years ago.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's very difficult to remember what your photographers rights are when two six foot five coppers have got your arms twisted up your back .
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The Rodney King incident we had over here a few years back did a lot to tone down police aggression. The citizen's of the UK should force the legislature to address the issue before it comes to an incident like ours if it is that big of a problem.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Moved my site, here is an accurate link...

http://www.camerazealot.com/?p=589
    "The photo is a thing in itself. And that's what still photography is all about." - Garry Winogrand

My Photography Blog
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website
    My Street Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    The citizen's of the UK should force the legislature to address the issue before it comes to an incident like ours if it is that big of a problem.
    It isn't really a problem. We have had a few cases of photographers being detained by police but they all end up with the police apologising for their error.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    The Rodney King incident we had over here a few years back did a lot to tone down police aggression. ...
    Not to open a whole can of worms, but didn't "terrorism" tone it right back up again?
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    Not to open a whole can of worms, but didn't "terrorism" tone it right back up again?
    Yes. The problem isn't the isolated incidents of aggression, e.g. King. I'm not worried about getting a wood shampoo from a dozen cops, I'm worried about being harrassed while doing something the law allows me to do.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Excellent articles Tony & Steve; just what I needed. I knew when the "security" people said I couldn't photograph their building/skyscraper that they were wrong and I was right, but since I didn't have anything to back up my position, I smiled and left. I think I will keep a couple of copies of those articles in my camera bag and use them to enlighten the poor so-in-so the next time, and there will be a next time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin