Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,418   Online: 1023

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was a lawyer, though I don't practice anymore, and I would say, drop it. First, as I understand it, you bought from this guy as a private person. Second, he appears to have exchanged the paper you made a prompt complaint about but balked when you came back a few months later. Frankly, that seems reasonable to me, as both a buyer and seller. After a reasonable amount of time, the transaction has be considered over. Third, it's really a small amount of money and your only legal recourse would be small claims court, which is time consuming and usually involves filing fees. Also, given the facts as you've presented them, I'm not certain you'd win.

I know Jordan is a really good person, from our prior dealings, and I know anyone would be frustrated at fogged paper. I'm sorry it happened. But I think you're right to accept this as a lesson learned and to move on. From what you've presented, it seems possible that he really didn't know the paper was fogged. Anyway, you indicated that you still probably got a decent deal, so that's something at least.

I'd keep this fellow's name out of it, whether on the forum or in private emails.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Laura.

Forget about it. Create more and better images using your time and energy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can give you Uncle Mikes' number.

I'm Just Saying ...

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree to just avoid legal action. I think it's a big waste of my time. I got one box 11x14 and a 25 package of 16x20 so it's not a total loss. I think I'll send one last email saying "OK, let's just put this to bed and replace the 8x10 and you'll never hear from me again". I think that would give the issue some closure on both ends and he won't be losing much.

Thanks Laura for the kind words. I've sent you a PM about other things.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think you made the best and probably most frustrating choice, Jordan. But definitely the best one.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I see lots of sellers here wanting buyers to pay them as a "gift" in PayPal. Not only is this a prevarication, it's all in favor of the seller: they pay no fee and the buyer gets no protection. I think the site owner should prohibit such nonsense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hidesert View Post
    I see lots of sellers here wanting buyers to pay them as a "gift" in PayPal. Not only is this a prevarication, it's all in favor of the seller: they pay no fee and the buyer gets no protection. I think the site owner should prohibit such nonsense.
    I'd have to look up that word to know what it really means , but I agree with everything said here.

Not long ago I bought something from someone who asked to pay as "gift" and I suggested that I'd rather not but would cover the fees (which I also generally think is nonsense). I sent money to that person as a sales transaction but found that Ebay had a way for me to accept the fees. It took one more mouse-click and (I think) preserved whatever protection I may have been entitle to as a buyer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I always prefer gift payment, but I didn't know that there was no protection with it. Good to know...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're into lith printing, old and fogged paper might still be perfect for that purpose. I have a box of Brovira that turns pitch black at the sight of regular developer. Works dandy for some cool stuff in lith developer.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Images
    >>If you're into lith printing, old and fogged paper might still be perfect for that purpose. I have a box of Brovira that turns pitch black at the sight of regular developer. Works dandy for some cool stuff in lith developer.<<

*That's* good to know! Thanks for the info.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin