Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,446   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    I'm still waiting for the first large video file to finish downloading, been 32hrs 40mins so far but that's a reflection of Turkish Broadband in general, in the UK it'd just a few minutes
    Slightly a pity that they didn't make some audio podcasts in MP3 available as well. Although it is nice to see some faces with the voices, the audio of the talks is the most interesting part. After all, it is just a plenary discussion with a group of people sitting behind a table and public in the room, and no images / examples of photos or so shown, so no real need for image.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Is photography "over"?

Yawn.
    Bruce Watson
    AchromaticArts.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is oil painting over? Wood carving?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting none the less!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    With all due respect, Marco.

I appreciate your time on this but I'm not going to waste mine.

Over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    Is photography "over"?

Yawn.
    Really, that was what I thought too the first time I read the discussion topic , but the talks are entertaining, and they seem to have managed to put together a quite interesting bunch of people with some skills in doing talks, and some sense of humour as well... so it is not as bad as you guys may think. It is certainly one of the better "discussions" I have heard or seen on these topics. But I wouldn't even know for sure if calling it a "discussion" does the talks fully justice, as much of it more heads in the direction of a kind of philosophical musings about art and the status of photography in general.

Give it a try and actually do listen to the talks before judging...
    Last edited by Marco B; 02-26-2011 at 08:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin