Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,169   Online: 895

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think you deserve some sort of explanation from the seller.

It would be good if people with problems like this can notify the moderators, and then we can figure out if a number of people are having problems with the same person, and even though APUG regards transactions in the classifieds as arrangements made between individuals for which APUG can't take responsibility, in practice, we can often help sort things out. When we've had difficulties like this, it's usually been a matter of ineptitude or sudden illness or something along those lines, more than malice. Sometimes we have access to contact information that the user has kept private, and we can contact them directly off forum, if necessary.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a national past time, kinda like complaining about the weather and government

Xpresspost is pretty quick if you ever buy from Canada, paperwork is easy and shipping is trackable. Faster than USPS Priority Mail from my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ask the seller what the tracking number for the parcel was.

If you didn't pay for a trackable option, then neither you or the seller will be able to confirm anything.

Does the seller have a copy of the receipt confirming that he paid for shipping?

And as for complaining about the post office .... it could be worse, they could be the banks.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is the main problem though, from Canada the trackable options are quite expensive. I just tried to sell something and got zero interest due to high shipping. I could probably get 'surface' shipping with no tracking for $10-12 but then it would be anybody's guess.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for your interest.

The last PM I recieved from samuraiwarrior2 was that he was going to ship my items "tomorrow" that was on 1/6. On 2/7 I became concerned, and started to send PM's and got zero replies from him. Now, I would like you all to know, he listed these items on another site, but is a member to here as well. A moderator from the other site attempted to contact Thomas Young on my behalf, still no pesponse. He was last here on 2/7, and hasn't shut down his info here, but he has on LFPF, this is my last resort. He claimed he needed money for tuition at UBC (British Columbia)so I purchased the items in good faith. I have even tried to corespond with him in several other ways, still nothing. I am seriously frustrated.

Many of you know that I am on a fixed income, and this purchase put a serious kink in my photo budget for a while. This has also caused me to be reluctant to purchase anything more from my neighbors to the north, no offense friends.

There you have it, I apologize if I offended anyone.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you payed by PayPal then you should be covered. I had an issue with an eBay deal that went sour. I informed PayPal and my money was returned.
    Hope everything works out OK for you.

r

Mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While something does seem amiss here, to add to the anecdotal experience:
    I in the past five years have had delays in package shippments between my end, soothern ontario and the us midwest. For some reason, unknown to me, surface parcels regualrly took three weeks to ship. East and West coasts were always under 14 days, but west of chicago to the rockiy mountians, well, the twilight zone seems to come into play for me.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike. Right now, Paypal is "looking into" the matter. I think two months and no replies speak volumns about this charactors intentions.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Things happen... but being ignored and closing of PP should be "your sign".
    To make you feel better I fired a contractor with $3000 in his pocket. Lick your wounds, have a pity party for a day and move on.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Before Paypal put all the buyer protections in place I had purchased a set of strobes on ebay. The seller never sent them, but I tracked him down from the name given to me in emails and saw that he was a photo lab manager at Duke University. I tried calling him at his office number listed on the university's website, but "he no longer worked there". Apparently he was selling school equipment on ebay and either ran off with the money or got fired. I never got my strobes or a refund.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin