Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,825   Online: 892

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    This has also caused me to be reluctant to purchase anything more from my neighbors to the north, no offense friends.
    Hmm, you think Canada has a higher per centage of crooks than the US or the rest of the world?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not at all, its just easier to track down miscreants here in the states. I have had one other deal with a Canadian, took several monthe before he got off his duff and mailed a camera to me. At least he stayed in contact. Now you know the why of my reluctance.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    I would say anything over a month would raise a red flag. I generally allow for about three weeks for a parcel to get to me from the states, so I would imagine it would be about the same going the other way. The time to worry is when the seller stops responding - as has happened with you.
    I hope it all turns out ok in the end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you everyone for your concern and good wishes. I think I just needed to vent in public about this fellow. I was a starving college student once upon a time, tho I never did rip anyone off, I worked and attended classes. God bless all, and thank you again, especially those who sent PM's and offered special help(and a little private eye work), it is much appreciated.

cheers
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Mike. Right now, Paypal is "looking into" the matter. I think two months and no replies speak volumns about this charactors intentions.
    PayPal is not likely to find in your favor after two months. Their deadline for filing a non-receipt complaint is 45 days.

If you funded the payment with a credit card, you can dispute it with the CC company if PayPal turns you down.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul VanAudenhove View Post
    I would say anything over a month would raise a red flag.
    That is why one should inform the credit card company before the 60 days from the first billing.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've ordered a couple of things from Canadian sellers on ebay and both took about 6 weeks to get to Ireland. I'd consider that about the limit of my patience for waiting for the postman. I know Canadian customs are a bit Nazi-like, so that may be some explanation.
    I'd rather have a mountie deliver it though! I'd probably steal his horse and his uniform, heh heh.

Isn't there a suitable escrow service people could use if they buy and sell through the forums here? That's what happened with the last present I bought for my nephew. The money gets released to the seller when you get your goods.

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way and next time insist on a tracking number or insurance. (Something I should have done with my last camera purchase, because the lens was so damn heavy and broke the 100 year-old dry, cracked lensboard).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used PP and they are "looking into" the transaction. The bloke refuses to respond to PM's from here or his personal email. I left a message on his blog site, he then removed the comments portion of his site so noone could see he was a scoundrel.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He then removed the comments portion of his site so noone could see he was a scoundrel.
    He's not a scoundrel, He's A Rapscallion !!!

I'm Just Saying ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have many other names for him, none that I'm willing to post here--there are women and children that frequent this site.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin