Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,042   Posts: 1,610,636   Online: 1119

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With 48,146 Members, it seems that there are not many complaints that get publicized ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everyone. For what its worth, I'm going to continue to have faith in my fellow man. I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned, and keep living with my head held high, can't say the same for the pitious fool that ripped me off. 99.999% of my dealings have been good, especially with you folks here, and I'm proud to be among you. It feels good to know I spend time with conscienable people with high morals and standards, and I refuse to let one person change my feelings toward this group.
    Life is good, and to short to fret over one little mishap. Now come on, lets get out there and shoot some film and get back to normal.

Love to all
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Love To All
    Thanks Rick !

Love Is All We Need !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rick, you have always expressed your views carefully on this forum trying not to offend anyone.
    It is sad that the 'decent' man gets treated in such shabby manner.

If you know his name and what city he lives in, you might be able to access his phone number through
    www.YellowPages.ca (Telus)

If he said that he is attending UBC, he would very likely be living in Vancouver or other city that clusters around the Greater Vancouver Area. Victoria and Nanaimo might also be a possibility.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Marcus. Another member supplied me with his phone number and mailing address. I have tried to phone him a couple of times, no answer.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    We now that you have his name, his phone number, address, and my know what school he may be attending, maybe one of the local Canadians can do some research for you.

Steve
    "Canadian Mafia"...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Put him on the Canadian APUG Mafia Hit list.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    International mail fraud? If you have contact info then there is more than can be done. His failure to respond shows malice in my opinion.

Oh, and packages taking 6 weeks to get to Ireland do NOT pass through Canada Customs. Only incoming packages have to go through our customs. If you use the affordable $10 shipping options with no tracking then they can take ages, it will be a truck to a warehouse, sit for a while and then literally a slow surface ship to Ireland from here. You need to pair for at least airmail and sadly these days the only way to ensure prompt service is to pay for tracked shipping options which are quite expensive. It makes it prohibitive to sell small items, no one wants to buy a $50 part off me with $35 shipping... but I don't want to sell things without insurance and tracking, too easy for stuff to get lost and then you have situations like this one.

Really to protect yourself, ALWAYS insist on shipping with tracking. If that makes it too expensive for you then DON'T BUY IT! It is annoying and frustrating to wait when you have no way of tracking it.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The guy's home page blog has a headline, The Story of a Man Who Turned Into a Dog. Seems appropriate.

And hey, he needed that money for the fancy chest tattoo he's showing off.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't that the most disgustingly ugly piece of skin art you've ever seen. All of his artwork revolves around that design, no imagination.

I wonder if he lives looking over his shoulder, I wonder how many others he's ripped off, or if he is a cluless lout and unaware he's being talked about like this.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin