Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,486   Online: 1069

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Reasonable amount of time

I'm hoping this is the correct place for this, if not please move or delete.
    What would anyone consider a reasonable time for something (supposedly) shipped from Canada to the USA? I've been waiting for two months for a box of Ilford 8x10 paper and some Rollei film purchased from a member here. I've sent numerous PM's and recieved zero responses from him. I understand its "caveat emptor" when ordering online, and I've contacted PP for help, as that was the means of payment. He has closed his PP account. I am about to name names, as this person still frequents Apug, tho he has closed his LFPF account. I am just wondering, is two months too long to wait, or does it take that long or longer to recieve things from the land of the frozen white north?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two months is ridiculous. Unless it's being hand delivered by mounties.

*Always* insist that an item is shipped by a trackable method and insist on tracking info.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd give one week for seller to find time to go to post office.
    I'd give two weeks for shipping and custom clearance.
    I may give one more week if I can contact the seller and get assurance that it has been sent.

I *think* at two month, you have been more than reasonable waiting..... Having no reply to frequent PM is inexcusable.... especially when the seller has enough time to long in to APUG and participate otherwise.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'vr gotten stuff from Henry's in Toronto to down here in DC in about 14 days roughly.

Is this the same person that stiffed someone for a camera in a current thread?

Be nice if we could rate seller/buyer experiences somehow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sometimes there are reason for long delays &C.
    have you tried an alternate email address, or contacting by phone ?

john
    Last edited by jnanian; 03-01-2011 at 08:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    It's too long. It takes a MAX of 3 months to send something from Australia to Europe by ship.
    Name names so we can avoid this person. It's no good other people getting stiffed too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in the Scotland and have bought quite a number of things from the USA over the years. Longest I have waited is two weeks - and that is by economy international post. This sounds like a con and you should complain to paypal as I'm sure they share some responsibility as an agent for this person.
    " ... a cook who relies on nothing but a sharp knife has no guarantee of producing excellent dishes." - Yoshihisa Maitani

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Way too long and yer only in PA. What CanPost service did they use to ship the paper and film ? Also wonder if they might have filled out forms incorrectly which sent the package elsewhere ?

Good luck and keep us informed.

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In my experience, Canada post takes a week or less to the US. Two weeks would be the outside. I'm guessing you've figured that out, if you've already called Paypal.

As I said in the camera guy's thread, I really think if you're going to mention it at all in the forum, you should name names. Because otherwise it creates a sense of suspicion about all the classifieds. Also, naming the name might light a fire under someone who has had this on the back burner for too long but is actually an honest person. Maybe he or she forgot your name or address? Or can't find the package? I know I'm reaching, but there could be something.

I'm sorry about this. I hope it's just one of those things that got buried on the bottom of the pile, but will be made right.

-Laura

Shooter
    35mm
    If I learned one thing by socializing online.... It's that Canadians will be the first to deplore the Canada Post (or whatever the official name is). It sucks.

I just waited 2 weeks for a used camera body. Annoyed as I was, I wasn't surprised.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin