Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,288   Online: 828

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yurisrey View Post
    because it brujeria! and steals your soul
    Ha, I said that once in college to a yearbook photographer who'd come to take a picture of a student group I was in. As deadpan as possible, I said "But it'll steal our souls." And he was clearly confused.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dorian Grey?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I very rarely do street photography, but if someone tells me not to take their photograph, I do not.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have never had a problem with people taking my photo, and I often take peoples photos with or without permission as long as its on public property (street photography), So i don't understand either. Privacy doesen't seem to be a very good reason, every mall, office building, street corner, store, etc has dozens or hundreds of cameras running, and people are looking at you on the monitor on the other end like it or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He must have told his wife he was cheating on her, and didn't want to get caught at a work conference.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    He must have told his wife he was cheating on her, and didn't want to get caught at a work conference.
    Best reply so far

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Absolutely nailed it!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I once had a Somalian guy run at me from 20 feet away screaming at me saying I was taking his picture and not too, on 20 something street. Funny thing was I didnt even have my camera to my eye, it was just around my neck, and I had one hand on it, thumb on film advance, finger close to shutter. He was quite rilled up, I wish I did pick it up and take his picture, instead of calling him crazy and walking away.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, the moment reminded me of one from "Cheers" you know -the photos of guys with glasses raised. And I figured, spontaneously, that it'd be a great shot of the guys enjoying the conference. I have another suspicion though, now that I think about it. He's overweight. I think that's the reason he doesn't like it. We were at another event and I saw him turn around and distance himself from where I was taking pictures. At the time I figured he just had someplace else to be, but this confirms he simply doesn't want to be photographed by me.

It's just sad that a happy photo memory couldn't be captured. He certainly has the option to try to avoid being photographed all he wants.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Images
    But that memory could have been captured if you had asked FIRST. he would have most likely bowed out but the rest would have been there.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin