Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,845   Online: 1000

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Wow, that's a sad story. Poor dog, do you know if she was cruel to it?
    I know why you need a case of tequila to DELETE her from your memory.

Wait, what thread is this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can figure that out. Both the children did not want to be with her and did not want to have a time scheduled for them to be with her.

Now back to the thread topic, please.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK. Back to the thread. From all the responses, I think that analog photography requires more forethought, skill with and knowledge of materials, anticipation and patience. I'm just as guilty as other photographers using digital cameras with it's previews and histograms. Though it's convenient, I think these conveniences take away some old fashioned skills and virtues needed for a great shot. Again, I use digital cameras, but for my art, I prefer using film. Holding a piece of film whether it be a negative or a transparency is really something tangible of my work. A file icon on my computer or pixels on the screen isn't the same for me. Don't know how other APUGer's feel about that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I am an analog photographer because my Leica is analog. If one day they make a camera with same lens , ergonomics and result and price , I would buy it , why not ? For me it is the feel , look , results and ergonomy. I wish they do a better camera than mine with same 60 dollars and unlimited cell power and I buy it. But today even 35000 dollars Leica results horrible , I can never accept it. Well , forum takes more of my time than photography and expense is hard for me. I have lots of debit to university and I stucked at home. I am photographing the photography from my narrow living zone , thats all.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin