Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,738   Online: 819

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1871 View Post
    If you think the VA is bad, walk around a naval base with a camera on your shoulder. Even if you are in the clear and not on the base, I am sure you will be tracked down and questioned. Even the slightest bit of temperment about your fredoms will get you in a holding facility and your camera and gear confiscated for examination.
    As someone who spent half their life on military bases, that is utter BS.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    35mm

Different bases different rules

Sorry you feel that way. 35 years retired Army Colonel, And yes since 9-11, Military bases are continually changing their policy about Photographs and cameras. Even off the facility but potentially pointed at or could have been pointed at what is considered sensitive areas. In this case it was at Naval Amphibious Base Coronado, where an Aircraft carrier came in the night before. I was off base walked down near one of the gates, but then I decided to go around and go on base and get a better shot. Before I could get around to the front gate I was pulled over by Shore Patrol and local police. The camera was taken until they could verify that nothing of a sensitive nature was recorded and that my ID card was real and matched me. I was told NO Photos of the aircraft carrier at dock were allowed, even by base personnel. Fort Hood Texas has banned all photographic devices from within 1000 feet of any gate or entry point. (No one told them about telephoto lens) Also MP’s regularly go off base to intercept individuals taking photos from an off base position to buildings on base.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, I think that we, collectively, need to evaluate reality vs. appearance. I could take photos, undisclosed, at any of the venues you mentioned folks. Like one said, guess they never heard of telephoto lenses. And why is what is out in the open so 'secret'?

Being a leftist and being 'anti' this military garbage, what freedoms do we thank the Vets for, from Vietman to Iraq, honestly? I think that the resrrictions are 90% ego and 10% reason. And I think that there are a LOT of vets who just happen to (quietly) agree with this queer given both their experiences during engagement and the aftermath.

I think that our obsessive secrecy is borne both out of a need for an 'enemy' (in order for us to feel whole) and a hegemonic agenda to fulfill. - David Lyga
    Last edited by David Lyga; 06-22-2011 at 04:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin