Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,973   Online: 1120

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1721222324252627
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I would say the one who understands exposure and composition. Of course it's possible none of them do and they just rely on automation, in which case I'd argue it's quite possible to have a successfully business built around photography without anyone involved in said business actually being a photographer!
    Yep, the photographer might be the consultant that designed the setups and provided a checklist for the owner.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not the tool that makes, or does not make, one a photographer.

If you are trying to make a living as a photographer, then you need to adopt a business model that will let you turn a profit in today's market.

Otherwise do what suits you best. I just returned from a Florida trip. I only took my Mamiya 645 Super. (Plus lenses and backs.). It's heavy, bulky, and a joy.

I've run out of battery in digicams, and I have run out of film in real cams. Left the digicams home, and had plenty of film and the ability to get more.

Personally, I like the sound of that big ol' mirror and shutter, and the winder advancing to the next frame. Although I didn't notice, my wife tells me I drew quite a few onlookers over my shoulder when I changed backs and loaded film. (Never crossed my mind that some kids had never seen this before.)

Would I do it again? Yes, on my very next trip.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It depends on the location ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin