Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,715   Online: 874

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce
    That would explain it then - you had me worried for a second there!

Sounds like you're having the same sort of summer as we are (60 miles NE of NYC). Ugh. After that second of worrying , I then thought that a trip to Montreal might be a relief. But we are bound by a common bond of summer suffering. "Stay cool..." How many times have you heard that one?
    I can't remember how much I've heard about global warming this summer. I actually believe now that it's that, though I have no scientifical basis for it, really...

We're still not that bad: in France last year a similar heat wave killed thousands of elderly people, for the fact that the infrastructures were deficient. But there's still no aircon in the hospitals. And I mean: even in the intensive care unit!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hate being in front of camera with a passion!

Hate being in pictures. The term "having your picture taken" I think is very appropriate. It expresses a certain hostility I feel about having my picture made. On the other hand, I am the first to coerce others to stand in front my camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't 'hate' it, but I am certainly a lot less comfortable in front of the camera than behind it.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's pretty funny how we - photographers sometimes don't understand that someone would not like his picture taken, yet at the same time most of us hates being photographed

btw - yep, I cant stand being on the wrong side of the camera

Shooter
    35mm
    I hate it when others take photos of me. I'm really unphotogenic, I get ackward and always end up sticking my toungue out or something.

However, i have taken a few self portraits that have turned out nicely.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I figure most photographers are the shy type.

Howsomever, I started doing cable TV in college and was quite comfortable in front of the camera for years, until I realized how many people were watching on the other side of that big lens!

Being "high profile" in a number of areas, I have become used to the television or radio interview. Yea, I am not pretty anymore (that faded with age), and I am over-weight (that came with age) but I don't care - I'm ME!

Since I started doing LF, I have got used to having John Q. Public taking pictures of me taking pictures.

Ok, I admit it, I am a "ham"

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin