Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,893   Online: 934

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm really surprised here.

Somebody tries to do something fun and interesting, very publicly using analog tools & methods, very much in the spirit of APUG's mission, and you nay-sayers pick it apart and bad mouth the attempt.

What's up with that?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Crawford View Post
    If you check out the video on her blog and website, the main set and model is shot by diffused daylight.
    http://manjarisharma.wordpress.com/
    THANK YOU !
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    I'm really surprised here.

Somebody tries to do something fun and interesting, very publicly using analog tools & methods, very much in the spirit of APUG's mission, and you nay-sayers pick it apart and bad mouth the attempt.

What's up with that?
    It's just that I don't look at photography with a digital-analogue bias. I can like something digital, and I can dislike something analogue. Besides, the work of this photographer looks "quite digital" to me. Also in her portfolio you can clearly see the burned highlights that are the distinctive mark of bad digital practice (or awful analogue practice).

If film was used, and highlights were nor burned, you wouldn't have them burned with decent scanning technique. If it is burned, it's because it is burned in the original, be it analogue or digital.

By the same token, I wouldn't financially contribute to her project even if I were a Hindu (and up to a certain extent I do am), because religion is no reason to contribute to a project I don't like. It seems to me that she's trying to create a niche-market for her work in the Hindu religious market, coupled with possibly good gallery connections and a good sense of marketing, exploiting the ability of the web to give you a day of fame if you say some idiocy with enough conviction . The problem is that her work is mediocre IMHV both in itself, and in relation to its "premises".

The only thing I like, is the model.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin