Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 755

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Confession: I think that with me I have an underlying need to capture a slice of the past. I am this way with old recordings and old movies. I seem to sense something about the past that, in this politically correct age, was truer and more forthrightly stated, even though, by today's standards, less considerate. I also seem to sense a different dimension on reality even though that statement seems to be an oxymoron and incongruous and impossible. Perhaps the logic we know is only one of many. - David Lyga.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife for many years used to say for years " Ben why don't you go and find yourself a mistress ?, it'd be a lot cheaper than your photography", I never took up her suggestion, and am now too old to try
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-18-2011 at 11:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    My wife for many years used to say for years " Ben why don't you go and find yourself a mistress , it'd be a lot cheaper than your photography", I never took up her suggestion, and am now too old to try
    Me too!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've noticed that most people feel the world was a better place in the past, and the optimum year they cite is often the one in which they attained puberty.

I find I acquire gear and let the house devolve into a techno-trash-heap when I am between girlfriends - periods that grow longer and longer as I get older and older. It used to be I was climbing the walls if without a girlfriend for a week, now I just put Blind Faith or Blonde on Blonde on the turntable, pour a Jameson's and scratch the dog behind the ears and all is well.

My father was an obsessive collector. In spite of swearing to myself that I would never let the 'treasures' pile up the way he did, I find my house begins to look a lot like his did. For a long time I lived in a small apartment out of fear of acquiring junque, maybe I should have stayed that way.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin