Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,482   Online: 934

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I want to travel light I just take my Canon EF with the FD 35mm f2, and the FD 100mm f2.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know why sometimes I have a roll of film in one, two or three cameras sitting there that I should really finish off while I'm running multiple rolls of film through other cameras. Makes no sense and is making worse the latent images already taken so I should really finish them off... Sometimes it is the wrong film speed. I like medium format for this with fewer shots on a roll I can always just finish them off (or 828 with 8 shots). 24 or 36 means sometimes I forget about a roll for months at a time.

I too just take a small camera some days for light travel but then wish I'd brought something bigger. I can get a nice print from a 35mm or smaller negative but a better print from 120 film.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The one I have a hangup with is my 4x5.

Part of that is social. My wife (normal shooting partner) isn't patient enough for me to use it regularly so it rests a lot.

Part of it is that the RB is just so nice.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by markbarendt View Post
    The one I have a hangup with is my 4x5.

Part of that is social. My wife (normal shooting partner) isn't patient enough for me to use it regularly so it rests a lot.

Part of it is that the RB is just so nice.
    I've often wondered Mark if the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would have ever been painted if Michelangelo would have had his wife and kids with him .
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I've often wondered Mark if the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel would have ever been painted if Michelangelo would have had his wife and kids with him .
    If he was doing it for free it would have been touch and go but I think he got paid.

When I'm getting paid my wife has a saying, "go farther, stay longer, send more".
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a couple of cameras that I've had physiological hang-ups with - I am extremely left handed, and a camera that requires dexterity and strength in one's right hand is just not suited to me.

My Koni-Omegas were that way - in particular the motion required for focussing.

I have a regular problem with the shutter releases on a lot of modern 35mm (and digital) cameras. Some make it easy to release the shutter with my left hand, but most don't.

In some cases, an accessory grip with a second release solves the problem - but unfortunately adds weight and bulk.

All of my remaining Mamiya medium format equipment works well, but I did have to adapt to the release on the C220 that I recently sold.

It may be that some of the psychological hang-ups referenced here have ergonomic or physiological roots.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lately I have been taken my RB67 with the 50, 90, 180 and two backs.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    It happens all the time, especially when I go on vacation. Of course, I need to take a camera with me, but which one? There's one for versatility, one for great resolution, one for portability... in the end, I take all of them and use none

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a 60 year old Zeiss Ikon Contina RF that goes with me everywhere for those times when the spirit moves. Unless the vacation/trip is for a specific photographic intent, that's the camera that goes.

As far as hangups on a certain camera, I had this homemade monstrosity of a 4x5 and I would look at the thing and think to myself, 'is it really worth it?'. Nine times outta ten, it wasn't.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    That would be a big fat NO! If I want to get anything done, I leave my HUSBAND and kids at home. He is literally the most impatient person EVER. He has pulled over with the family in tow for me to take a shot while driving and is literally sitting there waiting with the truck running ... which is how he seems most of the time. Waiting with his truck running. I took him to an art gallery this year in Houston and he actually slowed down and looked at a few things. It turns out he was trying to figure out why in the world a modern art piece of random found objects glued together would cost $10K. Hehe. Art with him IS pretty entertaining. I usually don't ask why, I just want what I want.

Original topic --
    I usually ALWAYS have a 35mm camera with me. I seem to have developed the "I'll save the Hasselblad for important things" mindset lately, and when I finally do shoot with it, I realize that all my 35mm shots would probably have looked better on 120 film. I am kinda cheap, though, and the thought of 12 vs. 36 shots per roll makes me more of a 35mm shooter for casual shots.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin