Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,417   Online: 950

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The answer to your question is: No, you should not agree to any kind of profit/earnings split agreement with a model. The reason is simply that if you sell the picture now and again for fifty years then every time you do you are obliged to track down the model and hand over some cash. So you should tie things up neatly at the start with an agreed remuneration paid up front.

Shooter
    35mm
    VPWPhoto, Mark Barendt, 2F/2F: Your extended discussion with release from editorial/art/commercial perspective has answered a couple more of my questions so thanks again

PaulC: Thanks and I agree. But maybe this temptation of near-perpetual income is what drives people to ask for a profit sharing agreement in the first place?

How about a one-time payment for a fixed few years and then if any sales happen beyond that time, maybe have a re-negotiation?

Sounds like an acceptable middle ground?

Cheers,
    Som

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KanFotog View Post
    VPWPhoto, Mark Barendt, 2F/2F: Your extended discussion with release from editorial/art/commercial perspective has answered a couple more of my questions so thanks again

PaulC: Thanks and I agree. But maybe this temptation of near-perpetual income is what drives people to ask for a profit sharing agreement in the first place?

How about a one-time payment for a fixed few years and then if any sales happen beyond that time, maybe have a re-negotiation?

Sounds like an acceptable middle ground?

Cheers,
    Som
    You don't want to have to find them at some time in the future.

Especially if they are dead
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin