Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,393   Online: 877

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    He had a little cigarette-pack-sized digisnapper so I handed him an EOS Rebel loaded with Fuji Superia and sporting a 28-90mm lens. By the end of the week he was hooked. He got back to Chicago and was looking on CraigsList for lenses.
    They are going camping this weekend. I just got a text from him containing this gem:

"What baffles me, is I'm more excited to hear that shutter snap more than camping itself. We'll be fishing so I know ill be getting some good perspectives with the river."

He's got it baaaaaaaad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, he's really hooked now.

On Saturday night Future Son In Law (FSIL) processed his first roll of B&W in my bathroom. He and my daughter were back in town this weekend and he really wanted to process some film. So I showed him how to load the reel and let him practice a few times with his eyes closed, then he did a few in the darkbag and was all ready to go. So while the girls had some mother/daughter time we set up the bathroom. He was like a virgin on prom night, all giddy and nervous. Then when he opened the canister he got that look of seeing the miracle for the first time. It was a beautiful thing.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Some of my students tell me film is cool.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FSIL says my Minolta with the attached power winder "looks bad-ass." My daughter still refuses to recognize her dad's innate coolness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattCarey View Post
    "My daughter and her fiance were visiting us last week."

He'd do anything to impress you
    Yeah... that's what I'm thinking. Sucking up!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    See how long after the wedding his enthusiasm lasts .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    FSIL says my Minolta with the attached power winder "looks bad-ass." My daughter still refuses to recognize her dad's innate coolness.
    If I had a daughter (I do not), and her beau used the term "bad-ass", said beau would be forbidden from going within 500 yards of her.

Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    If I had a daughter (I do not), and her beau used the term "bad-ass", said beau would be forbidden from going within 500 yards of her.
    Judging by your comment and the term "beau" I'm guessing you're somewhere near 140 years old.

They sell "Bad Ass Coffee" in a shopping center near where I live.

My guess is your were hoping for a "gee willikers Mr XXXX, that camera is nifty" or else you watch too many Andy Hardy reruns.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blansky View Post
    Judging by your comment and the term "beau" I'm guessing you're somewhere near 140 years old.

They sell "Bad Ass Coffee" in a shopping center near where I live.

My guess is your were hoping for a "gee willikers Mr XXXX, that camera is nifty" or else you watch too many Andy Hardy reruns.
    Nope. Just something a bit more accurately expressive than "bad ass", a term I last heard used on TV to describe something. Actually, I've never heard a real live human use it, what does it mean?
    Is "Bad Ass Coffee" that stuff the critters eat and crap out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    Nope. Just something a bit more accurately expressive than "bad ass", a term I last heard used on TV to describe something. Actually, I've never heard a real live human use it, what does it mean?
    I was wondering if it was because he said "ass" or if it was because it was dated or corny or something.

Is "Bad Ass Coffee" that stuff the critters eat and crap out?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin