Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,294   Online: 977

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Converted another one...

My daughter and her fiance were visiting us last week. I showed him a few of my pics and he was pretty interested. So I pulled out my mamiya C33 and he thought it was the coolest thing he ever saw. Then I showed him my 1948 Zeiss Ikonta and he was drooling. He had a little cigarette-pack-sized digisnapper so I handed him an EOS Rebel loaded with Fuji Superia and sporting a 28-90mm lens. By the end of the week he was hooked. He got back to Chicago and was looking on CraigsList for lenses.

Another one turned to the darkslide.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It seems to be happening a lot lately. It feels like I mentioned it to one friend, and now there is a whole group of us learning to shoot film again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good for both of you. I've got one younger friend (he's 26; I'm 40) who I've recently gotten hooked on the film bug. I've been back into film for more than a year now, and can't get enough.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've got three friends from Bavaria visiting, two with DSLRs and a couple fairly nice mid-range digisnappers and we were comparing pics from our recent outting and they were blown away that my 1960s Rangefinder could create such great pictures so easily. And it cost 1/1500 of their systems!

One is about to be converted this weekend.....give it time.

Glad to hear this is happening so frequently. Maybe we should use this friend as a tally--in the last 6 months I have converted 3.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Always great to hear these stories. My niece is shooting film now, I'd love to say I actively converted her but I didn't unless she somehow thinks I'm 'cool'. A friend's wife is also shooting film as well and I'm happy to say that she was about to quit because of the appalling high street service here in the UK (Jessops). I told her about a photo place in Hull which I read about here and she sends her films up there now for dev and scan. She's really stoked on film!
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I must agree. My C33 is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Excellent first choice.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At least a half dozen times, this summer, I have been asked about my cameras by various people who tell me something like, "My [grandfather/uncle/father] left me his camera and I still have it at home."

My stock answer is, "Well, load it up and shoot it! It's not doing anybody any good just sitting in the closet, gathering dust."

Most of those people leave with the gears turning inside their heads.

I think we all need to start a campaign to encourage people to get out their old cameras out and start using them.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tomorrow I start Art171 sudio photography with 4x5 cameras. I've done this kind of thing back in the 70s and worked in a studio/production house for 17 years. I'm excited to see how a lot of these young students do, and me too.
    Lee

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love it!.......
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    My daughter and her fiance were visiting us last week. I showed him a few of my pics and he was pretty interested. So I pulled out my mamiya C33 and he thought it was the coolest thing he ever saw. Then I showed him my 1948 Zeiss Ikonta and he was drooling. He had a little cigarette-pack-sized digisnapper so I handed him an EOS Rebel loaded with Fuji Superia and sporting a 28-90mm lens. By the end of the week he was hooked. He got back to Chicago and was looking on CraigsList for lenses.

Another one turned to the darkslide.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAA...
    "My daughter and her fiance were visiting us last week."

He'd do anything to impress you

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin