Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,121   Online: 1135

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought that I had some idea of the spectrum of political tactics and left wing organisations, I'd never heard of this practise, but I've seen it.

It's interesting to see how about face some youthful lefties turn as they age, although the libertarians of my experience seem to most prone to this.

BTW I secretly (to this analogue group membership anyway) have a digital camera. Entryism worked for me, but I doubt that I can influence the group's ideology :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    I think that sometimes the more left you go so start to overlap some themes of the right, anarchism is like that.

Maybe we should all practice entryism on places like dpreview and photo.net to help film sales.
    Steve.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    ... Actually more interestingly (or less for this group?) It was *other* activity that made staff suspicious of the guy and called the police etc. And this huge publicity stunt the guy did does not match up to what the police have to the point that the police have had to issue a public statement mid-investigation which they hardly ever do.
    http://www.thelawyer.com/1009790.article Incredibly long but as I figured, there was probably something else involved. Police normally don't waste their time with mall security issues rapidly unless there's a real threat somewhere.

It's kind of sad but when someone kicks up a stink like this, I tend to figure they were being ****heads in some way...
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    35mm
    I read through the comments in the link, found the twitter feed and from there got this story:
    http://news.stv.tv/scotland/west-cen...ted-by-police/
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So what it seems to boil down to is a guy who takes photos of his kid while (most likely accidentally) having his fly open. Instead of discreetly informing him of this embarrassing fact they assume he must be very dangerous and start a man hunt. He should probably thank the police for not shooting him on the spot.

Police and the shopping center staff can spin that all the way they want, but to me this still looks like a massive +*#';:§%&
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudeofus View Post
    He should probably thank the police for not shooting him on the spot.
    This is in the UK. Our police don't do shooting!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Seems like a case of misunderstanding on everyone's part: the ice cream seller thought some perv with his flies down was taking her photo, the police thought there was a sexual predator on the loose, the photographer thought he was being reprimanded for taking a photo of his daughter.
    Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin