Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,690   Online: 771

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Photographic future

Given how photography has moved on in the last 170 years, do APUG members have predictions about how photography may look in 100 year’s time? Will it be possible to record every moment of our world at high res from every angle?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Will it be possible to record every moment of our world at high res from every angle?
    I hope not.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cavemen drawing on rocks with charcoal sticks in a hot, rainy, muggy world plagued by unchecked diseases and all caused by exhaustion of resources and global warming!

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Given how photography has moved on in the last 170 years, do APUG members have predictions about how photography may look in 100 year’s time? Will it be possible to record every moment of our world at high res from every angle?
    Not possible even in principle! A device that records every moment of our world needs to record itself, and record that it's recording itself, etc, etc..... a fallacy of infinite regress.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Not possible even in principle! A device that records every moment of our world needs to record itself, and record that it's recording itself, etc, etc..... a fallacy of infinite regress.
    Maris, if you had shown a mobile phone to Alexander Graham Bell he would not have believed it possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...record every moment of our world at high res from every angle?
    If the Government has its way that's exactly how it will be...
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    its already being done ...

but traditional photography will eventually reach back to its roots
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maris, if you had shown a mobile phone to Alexander Graham Bell he would not have believed it possible.
    Maris is correct. A metasystem is required to record the "total" system.

And I dare say that visionaries like Bell, Edison, Eastman, et. al most certainly would believe stupendous progress. In fact they would expect it. They imagined it.

What they wouldn't believe is stagnation.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I don't think photography has moved much in the last 170 years. In fact, I think it actually started to go backwards around 20 years ago.

I just hope there is still film and paper around in 100 years so I can use it... When I'm 126.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    I don't think photography has moved much in the last 170 years. In fact, I think it actually started to go backwards around 20 years ago.

I just hope there is still film and paper around in 100 years so I can use it... When I'm 126.
    I totally disagree.

The advance slowed down about 20 years ago, because it took more and more R&D to make smaller advances, but they did take place.

PE

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin