Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,538   Online: 1047

View Poll Results: Would you punch Bruce Gilden in his face?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, dammit!

23 37.70%
  • No, why?

38 62.30%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No, I wouldn't punch him. I'm not inclined to violence anyway but to me the idea of punching someone out because they were rude or inappropriate towards me would actually be a worse assault than the one they committed. Having said that, my opinion of him as a person and as a photographer is pretty low based on what I've seen so why should I care?
    Anyway, it's America. Someone is bound to shoot him before long.
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's a perverse schtick, much like radio shock jocks, with the same one note approach. He's like a vulgar neurotraumatized Weegee. Just proves that Magnum has a sense of humor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bruce is cool. See in my file attachment what i did last time i met him. In the middle frame it almost looks like i have knocked him out, but he is only giving his crazy poses for my portraits of him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bruce-Gilden_kontaktkopi.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I'd punch him *

*Note: - not serious, didn't you see the emoticons in my reply

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagic View Post
    Bruce is cool. See in my file attachment what i did last time i met him. In the middle frame it almost looks like i have knocked him out, but he is only giving his crazy poses for my portraits of him
    That's awesome.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    It's a perverse schtick, much like radio shock jocks, with the same one note approach. He's like a vulgar neurotraumatized Weegee. Just proves that Magnum has a sense of humor.
    If you want fame you need enemies

"You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I'd chop him in the wind pipe then a round house sweep to knock him off his feat and as he is laying on the ground gasping for breath I would snap a bunch of photos of him with his own camera
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would not think to punch him but might deck him with a reflexive punch if I was startled under the right situation.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No. Most of the people he selects wouldn't either, and he knows that. He seems to relegate himself to pretty typical situations: busy people heading to work, old people trotting about, vagrants that are not really in the moment. There are various definitions of street photography, much as there various levels of the definition of "street". Come poke around East Atlantic or 37th Street here in Savannah. Good luck making a concise description of your stolen gear through a mangled mess of teeth and lips. I admire some of his captures, though they seem to be more about balls than content. When looking for content, I pick Vivian Maier...

Shooter
    35mm
    No way. Have you watched him work. There is nice Magnum Podcast called "Bruce has a Ball" or "Coney Island" Bruce is a people person that can photograph in your face like most of us wish we could. Check out the podcasts, he's just a pro at work. A very accomplished pro.
    http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?V...D=2K7O3R148CS8

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin