Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,618   Online: 901

View Poll Results: Would you punch Bruce Gilden in his face?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, dammit!

23 37.70%
  • No, why?

38 62.30%
Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Would you punch Bruce Gilden in his face? :)

Inspired by one thread from Street forums, I'd like to ask you, as a photographer to photographer:
    Would you punch Bruce Gilden in his face, when he'd get close to you and fire his flash into your eyes?

Just in case you don't know who Bruce Gilden is, enter his name into youtube.com search.

Of course I don't have anything personal against Gilden - never met him; the poll is just for hypothetical situation, you can use any other photographer name instead (just imagine he's behaving same as Gilden).
    Marcin "Rudolf" Szymczak
    Author of 13th Frame
    marcinszymczak.com

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even though I wouldn't like beeing flashed in the face I wouldn't punch him, verbaly abuse him sure but definetely no physical violence.
    Dominik

Shooter
    35mm
    Of course we all like to think that we'd beat him to death and then throw his body on top of the Statue of Liberty and that we'd get applauded by the police and all... But in real life we'd just let him shoot away and we'd probably be left in awe by his great balls of fire.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No I would ask for a copy of the picture though.

bvy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's a video where a female subject (victim?) starts pushing and smacking at him in response to being photographed. I can't believe he's never had a true physical confrontation (he claims he hasn't).

Would I punch him? Heck no. I'd be flattered.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I wouldn't punch him, but would engage him in a debate on whether the best Nikon glass was better than the best Leica glass. That should be punishment enough.....

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The more and more I see and think about Bruce Gilden, his way of working, and his attitude, the more I say POWER TO HIM.

You GO Bruce!

Shooter
    35mm
    So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In my continuing education of the photo world, I was not aware of this guy previously and after two minutes of watching his YouTube stuff my impression of him was simple and immediate.

He is an arrogant douchebag.

Interesting photos at times, (and I am a lover of the happy accident) but his method strikes me as similar to monkeys pounding out Hamlet, hit the keys (or shutter) enough times and you will end up with cool things.
    "There is no such thing as objective reality in a photograph"

My flickr and (gasp!) dpug photos - take a look if you like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    he's just one more guy on the street ... who cares .

i'm usually behind a white curtain wearing a giant eyeball
    when i am in public anyways ...

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin