Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,188   Online: 870

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Photography for a good cause

There are photographers that want to achieve a goal with their photos, a goal that is not selling goods, decorating the living room or pursueing a hobby.

There are many bright examples:

1. Lewis Hine helped with his photos to ban child labour in the USA.

2. W. Eugene Smith helped in a village named Minamata.

3. Ansel Adams was a 'treehugger' and contributed to founding national parks.

Are there people around here that are interested in this kind of photography and think about their own projects?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Heartfelt do a spot of this, though it benefits individuals more directly rather than effecting social change.

Since a refugee processing/resettling centre was installed near my parents home, I figured I should go there and offer to do family portraits but haven't found the time yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    since 1991 i have been working with public libraries
    to document their town/city so they have a photographic file of
    local images. some have included important people in the community,
    while others have concentrated on specific sites, or streetscapes.
    in the end these libraries have photographs that will last hundreds of years
    given to them as hand stitched books of images, so in the years to come people
    will have some idea of what their towns/city looked like "now"

i have also been selling my photographs and donating the money to charity.
    when the earthquake in haiti happened, i sold images on ebay and donated the
    money to doctors without borders. last year when the earthquake happened in japan
    i used my imagekind website/store to sell images and donated money to the japan society.
    just a few days ago, i decided to sell more photographs and i will donate the funds to
    the local food bank. i am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but i live like a king
    compared to some folks, so i am donating what i can, when i can.

if you are interested, feel free to browse my storefront ... ( see my signature )
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin