Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,573,000   Online: 832

Shooter
    Multi Format

Personal Dedication to Work and Sacrifice

I've had a lot of conversations recently dealing with what kind of measures it sometimes takes to live as a working artist juggling a "normal" life. Realistically I think we all have our profound challenges and in my experience there is no such thing as "normal". These conversations and some recent experiences led me to write a short essay on my life and the decisions I've had to make in an effort to be true to who I am. If anyone would like to give it a read here is the link. I'd also love to hear your experiences and perspectives as well. I shouldn't have to say this but some people need reminding so I'll ask from the start that everyone please be respectful of both what I'm sharing and any experiences that others share here just as you'd like people to be respectful of yours experiences and perspectives. Thanks! Happy Holidays to all and I wish you an abundance of happiness and beautiful photographs.
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Happy Holidays and thanks for your inspiring message.

I've been reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and found that Pirsig did something similar to your plan. So it can work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Bill, I appreciate that Happy Holidays to you as well! I've come so close to buying Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance a number of times but for some reason I haven't read it yet. Maybe it's time!
    Francesco Fragomeni
    www.FrancescoFragomeni.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I admire your dedication! I wish you the most success! Andy
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Although Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a worthy read, the two best books I've read on producing great work and learning to master anything are.... The War of Art by Steven Pressfield (This is a must read) as well as Ignore Everybody by Hugh Macleod (also a must read). Those two books might be more useful to your art/relationship and steady work than getting up at 4am. Of course after reading them, you might decide you have to get up at 3am. LOL.

I've given a number of college lectures to Photo students over the years and always suggest they read these two books before they head out into the jungle.

Also remember, no one said it was going to be easy.

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin