Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,697   Posts: 1,482,547   Online: 879

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2012

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael,

I'm semi serious about a 25 speed film of modern design as it would make available a distinct technological and aesthetic choice (including 4x5 and 8x10) combined with practical usefulness. I expect though Harman would be concerned at fallout related to Pan F Plus.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am serious too. The thing about PanF, is that it is even slightly grainier than Delta 100 under most circumstances. So a Delta 50, or especially a Delta 25, would be way less grainy than PanF.

To me Delta 25 would be different enough than PanF (and different than anything else too) to coexist. Then again what do I know about the film business. This is just one of the things on my wish list (and I'd still prefer Delta 50).

Delta 25 contrast would be difficult, but it could still be a very interesting film, and also a much better option for people currently trying to use all those crap document films with poor POTA variants. It would also be the only 25 out there with Ilford quality.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Kodak disintegrates, Fuji and Ilford get a little bit more business as a result.

Really, with Kodak being threatened with delisting and preparing for Chapter 11, am I seeing a rosy future? Only if I don't adequately wash my TMax film. I don't see any future for a company trying to "reinvent" itself by being a dollar short and way late in every market it tries to enter. Yeah, so Kodak produces billions of feet of motion picture film a year. But they don't have cash to run the business?

I see an increase of people coating glass plates.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I'd love a 25 ISO colour neg film.
    Last edited by tomalophicon; 01-04-2012 at 06:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, Kodak's impending bankruptcy was even discussed in one of today's ZD newsletters.

Seems people figure the digital image patents would be valuable since every cell phone in the world these days appears to have a camera.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin