Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,716   Online: 1114

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Any thoughts on surprising or new photographic revelations that 2012 may bring?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Any thoughts on surprising or new photographic revelations that 2012 may bring?
    Film resurgence overtakes the market and Kodak, Ilford , and Fuji announce expansion plans?

Ok, maybe that's too optimistic.
    Last edited by michaelbsc; 12-31-2011 at 04:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Kodak as we've know it vanishes. Kodak 2.0 emerges and produces only film materials. Or not.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    PE is hired back at Kodak after a massive shake up, divests the digital arm, and purchases Lomo as a means by which to connect with a younger generation; whilst bear hugging its loyal film shooters by offering full lines of B/W papers (ie Ekatalure to compete against Art 300), begins producing film cameras....
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Kodak ceases to make film, all I can say is that I hope Ilford ends up with the right to produce T-Max. As much as I love Ilford films, Delta is much less to my liking than T-Max.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Clearly nothing is certain when lawyers get involved, least of all common sense. Ilford certainly has the possible capability to continue those products if they were able to secure the rights. But would it make more business sense for Ilford to simply lay back and let the market share that would land at their shores simply happen without needing to do anything except up their production? I agree that their films look very different than Kodak's, and there might be a case made that the world would like both Delta and T-Max, but would the pain outweigh the gain for Ilford? I sure don't know.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think Chrysler wll begin to produce D-SLR's with a HemmieMP ECM that gets 40 frames to the gallon and passes everything but a CVS photo kiosk.

All seriousness aside, probably more of the same, rate of acceleration of events to be determined.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    I think Chrysler wll begin to produce D-SLR's with a HemmieMP ECM that gets 40 frames to the gallon and passes everything but a CVS photo kiosk.
    I don't think Chrysler will ever produce a digital camera.

They tried once but they had to give up because they coudln't figure out how to make them leak oil.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    YES!!!!!!!!

Well played!

Perhaps the lens could employ a generously lubricated leaf shutter. Hmmmmm... Get's me a'thinkin'.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jeesh. This thread really proves the need for breathalyzers on keyboards, especially on New Year's ;^)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin