Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,965   Posts: 1,558,399   Online: 814

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Attn:Bronica gs-1 owners

I'm in the process of trying out this system. I want the 50mm lens but it has a 95mm filter ring. That much larger than the 82mm filters and lee hood system I currently use. Based on experience with my current mf wide angle lenses, I'd like to use a 95mm to 82mm step down ring. There's a lot of space between the filter ring and and the glass itself. Will it work w/o vignetting at f22? Anybody tried it?
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Provided the filter is 95mm and the lens is 82mm, there should not be much if any problem. I had 62mm filter set from my Bronica ETRS and when I bought my dslr it had a 58mm mount so I got a step down and have been using the 62mm filters. I was not about to spend another >$100 for a circular polorizer when I had a Nikon on the Bronica and others such as softening, star, etc. that do not get loads of use and therefore large investments. My lens protector filters though are the right size as I keep 1 on each lens permanently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think Vinny wants to use 82mm filters on his lens with a 95mm filter thread.

I would be surprised if it works.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will vignette. Also, the thread pitch on the 50mm lens is 0.75mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that thread pitch different than ordinary filters?
    I thought this whole thing may work since i do it with my 55mm for the 67ii. It uses 82mm filters but I only had 72mm for one particular filter.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cokin's adapter is 1mm pitch. I'm just suggesting that when you consider attachments you determine thread pitch to ensure it fits the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'd love to try it first hand since I'm the kinda guy that has to try something when someone says it can't be done but keh didn't have any 50mm available. I also had ordered an ae rotary finder that arrived doa. I'm sending the entire package back tomorrow.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, that's a bummer. I found it to be the most portable of the 6x7cm SLR systems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, it was nicer than lugging two pentax 67ii's around. That 95mm filter size=dealbreaker.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin