Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 987

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleiflex 6003 Pro Mirror Problem

Hi everyone,

I have a Rolleiflex 6003 Pro, absolutely spot on and in perfect conditions, camera that never gave me any troubles. That is, until today.

Today I was happily shooting up to when the mirror locked itself up and since then it has failed to go down.
    It got stuck in an 'horizontal' position,' i.e. parallel to that of the viewfinder; it never went back to its original 46 degrees position.
    I removed the lens, the hood and opened to back to have a clear look, but I was unable to bring down the mirror down.

The exposure LED are all lit up, the camera is not taking any reading; however, f-stops & shutter speed are properly showned and change each time I make a change.
    I have also got a message 'bc-full', but not always.
    Batteries & fuses are in perfect order. Everything else in the camera seems to be doing fine.

I have the original instruction manual, which I have carefully read; unfortunately, the troubleshooting section is not very helpful on this one.

Any help is greately appreciated!

Regards,

Matteo Prezioso

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    hello mateo,

i just got a 6003 professional and my guess would be to switch off the camera and remove the battery.
    then try a different [charged] : - ) battery.

i am flying in the dark as i do not have an instruction manual - yet.
    you might check to see that it is in the single exposure mode, not multi-exposure setting.
    also maybe you inadvertantly switched camera to the locked position...

...i imagine you have already tried these and other steps...
    the same thing happened to me last night trying to do a time exposure of a tree under parking lot lights...

...those are the steps i took (plus finally putting the lens cap on. i tried the shutter release and voilà the mirror came down and film advanced.

other than that experience with day time exposures and inside the house exposures the camera had worked flawlessly.

it is quite a step up from my 6002 in terms of versatility and features. shot hasselblad professionally for 30 years and would not go back...except for the SWC that shares the bag with it.

try those steps again...it may work. if not drop you might try a shop in New Jersey (973) 244-9662 - have not used them but was referred to by krimar rollei repair (have had excelent, reasonably pricd work done by mr. maralian in the past- he is now only doing later rollei model TLR work.

good luck, buena fortuna,
    smiling gecko,aka kenneth

p.s been searching web and have not found source for a rolleiflex 6003 professional...any suggestions?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin