Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,327   Posts: 1,536,989   Online: 1199

Shooter
    35mm

Help me find a med for. camera with polaroid back

I am looking for any camera that is somewhat modern and has interchangable lenses and lots of usablilty and accessories

the most important feature is to have the largest area of fuji 3000b taken up with the photo.

i do not want to consider the mamiya universal as I have that already

thanks a lot

todd

Shooter
    Multi Format

Probably a Polaroid is your best bet.

While the RB67's take a big negative, they only shoot a 6X6 for the Polaroid back. To get the full size, you will need a Polaroid 600 (I think that is what they were). As for the Fuji 3000, I think that is going to be discontinued but check that out as I'm not sure. You might want to go to a Large Format but that is not what you were asking so I won't go there. The Polaroid 600 was made by Mamiya but discontinued decades ago. I'm not the best one to answer your question, but thought I'd do what I could. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might look up KEH

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RB67 actually covers 7x7 on Polaroid. It fills the full height of the film, but leaves a big black bar on the right side (at least that's what my back does, I've also seen one that centers the image on the film, leaving smaller bars on either side.)

If you're looking for a giant mf camera, there's always the Fuji gx680. It can take a Polaroid back, but I don't know what it covers.

If you want full frame Polaroids, the Universal (or the Polaroid 600, which is just a slightly modified Universal) is the only mf option that I know of. What is it that you want to shoot that the universal can't accomplish?

Shooter
    35mm
    I dont want to shoot 4x5 fuji polaroids as they are too expensive to purchase so i want to stick with the 3000b 3x4 size at 50 cents a picture, and I was just wanting a faster operating camera than the universal i own, I have seen the RZ polaroid results and like that the image is centered but did not know if there was something similar to the RZ that had an even bigger image size on the instant film.

todd

Shooter
    Medium Format
    about the Fuji GX 680... if you don't use the mask for 6x8, then it offers an almost complete 8x8 area on a polaroid/fuji peel apart film. I've got a polaroid back for my 680 kit and use it with the 3000 ASA as well as the colour 100 ASA offerings from Fuji.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The RB67 doesn't quite cover 7x7 with the wider lenses, I've just run some instant through a Pro S with the 65mm C. There's a distinct vignette in the corners, where it would just fall outside the usual 6x7 frame. Both my P-backs put the image in the centre with the bars either side. There was a post a while ago that had an example posted from the Arca back that allows two side-by-side images to be taken using instant film on an RB.
    I shoot hybrid, and it's ok.. . :D

Shooter
    35mm
    john, thanks, i guess i didnt get it, and honestly, with the stuff you are listing I still dont fully, can you if you please point me to somewhere that shows what you are talking about and what it all looks like and the pieces i would need.

thanks, todd

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin