Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,765   Online: 867

Shooter
    Medium Format

Strap for Mamiya RZ67 Pro II ?

My Mamiya RZ67 came without a strap, any recommendations for which strap I should get for it ? Can I buy an original Mamiya RZ67 strap from anywhere here in the UK/Europe ? Any help much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    B&H in New York has replacement straps, but I don't know what the shipping charge would be like.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The straps themselves aren't particularly special - it is the strap lugs that can be a challenge.

If you can find the lugs by themselves, they should be cheap to ship.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optech sells the lugs on a short strap with buckles to fit: an Optech strap. =-)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For about $4, you can go to REI and get some nylon webbing, split rings and buckles. Makes a super strap.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkerSmithPhoto View Post
    For about $4, you can go to REI and get some nylon webbing, split rings and buckles. Makes a super strap.
    Only works if you have the dedicated Mamiya lugs. If you do have them, I agree.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the right one from Amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/re...&index=blended
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've got that OpTech strap Ben recommended on my RB67.

It's very nice for what it is, but I rarely use it--I found I didn't fancy the weight of the huge camera bumping into my chest on the end of a strap, and that it tended to get in the way.

I normally use the camera without the strap. But another nice addition is the L-grip with trigger, which makes handling the camera a bit easier.

Still, if you really do want a strap, the OpTech is the way to go--well made, comfortable, fits the Mamiya lugs perfectly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you can find an origianl Mamiya strap you'll find it is a much better quality strap. The OpTec is a cheap webbing strap with neoprin foam pad at the neck n is too short for over the head n shoulder use, bandalero style, which is the prefered way to carry that cinder block.

Otherwise... maybe you can find an old rotted strap just for the lugs n make your own, not a big deal at all... those lugs are the PIA. You'd figure they would have changeed over to an ordinary type lug by now, it really is a weak link.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    If you can find an origianl Mamiya strap you'll find it is a much better quality strap. The OpTec is a cheap webbing strap with neoprin foam pad at the neck n is too short for over the head n shoulder use, bandalero style, which is the prefered way to carry that cinder block.

Otherwise... maybe you can find an old rotted strap just for the lugs n make your own, not a big deal at all... those lugs are the PIA. You'd figure they would have changeed over to an ordinary type lug by now, it really is a weak link.

I ended up buying two Optech straps - the one with the right lugs, and another that was longer, but used the same strap-to-strap connectors. The two together gave me enough length.

By the way, the lugs for the RB67 Pro are different than the Pro S, in that the camera's lugs on the Pro are round, while on the Pro-S they have flat sides. The Pro-S strap lugs will work with both.
    Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin