Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,253   Online: 926

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica spares & repairs?

Been thinking about investing in a Bronica outfit (SQAi + 3 lenses). Prices are affordable, but I know it's been discontinued for some years now. Any users out there (in UK) who can say if spares are still around, plus technicians able to service them if needed?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Spares are around and the bodies, etc. so inexpensive that parts units are not a problem. Also, the Bronica is made for high usage, heavy duty use so I suspect we'll not be seeing end of life until many of us are well beyond our end of life. I am 63 and owned my ETRS for more than 2 decades and am specifically willed it to a son so, I am confident in my evaluation. To be fair my Leica is going to another son under the will and a Rolleiflex to the remaining. These all I expect will give them many years of trouble free use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I believe Introphoto service, the original importers, still have socks of spares and still repair Bronicas in the U.k., you can also get them repaired at Newton and Ellis in Liverpool, who can repair any camera ever made, and spares are not a problem as so many were imported into the U K.
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info. It's very reassuring.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin