Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,374   Online: 995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All,
    This gives me lots of leads to work on. When I return home I will package it off to one of these repair men. The information at Mr. Fleenor really opened my eyes up to the idea that some may just lube it up and out the door.
    This camera and the Leica IIIf rd st, were the ones I learned on with my dad. So getting an complete job to last until my grandchildren get them is important to me. Now I can not predict their non-digital photo desires, but having a camera passed down and used by great grandpa may have some attraction.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark Hama is another top notch technician. He specializes in Yashica TLRs as he worked at the Yashica factory asssembling them, but he also fixes most other cameras too. His prices are very reasonable, his turnaround is very fast and the quality of work is top notch from what I've read. Just another option for you...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shipped my 35 SE to Harry Fleenor with meter issues, a light leak inside somewhere, and a problematic shutter. I had several e-mails back and forth with him before I sent it off, and also got one from him to confirm that it had arrived safely. What really grabbed my attention is that he took the time to call me the day after it arrived, as soon as he'd had a chance to give it a once-over. I'd say we spent about twenty minutes on the phone talking over what needed to be done to the camera. So, from my experiences thus far, he seems to be a top-notch guy. I'd not hesitate to recommend his services.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    I shipped my 35 SE to Harry Fleenor with meter issues, a light leak inside somewhere, and a problematic shutter. I had several e-mails back and forth with him before I sent it off, and also got one from him to confirm that it had arrived safely. What really grabbed my attention is that he took the time to call me the day after it arrived, as soon as he'd had a chance to give it a once-over. I'd say we spent about twenty minutes on the phone talking over what needed to be done to the camera. So, from my experiences thus far, he seems to be a top-notch guy. I'd not hesitate to recommend his services.
    Wow, that is a true endorsement. I would love to be treated that way with my father's camera.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ironically enough, the camera I shipped him belonged to my father...he gave it to me since he's gone over to The Dark Side.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I just had my Rolleiflex serviced by Hary Fleenor at Oceanside Camera and couldn'd be happier. Yes The turn around times are slow but Mr Fleenor is realistic about his time estimates. I had previously had my Rollei 35S serviced and was also very pleased.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Since you are in ohio, I got my rolleicord III worked on my Dave Easterwood, he lives up in MI his number is 734 433 2640. He has also worked on my hasselblad gear and did a wonderful job. I can’t recommend him enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought I'd give an update to this thread, since I just got an e-mail that bears on this subject.

I shipped a camera to Oceanside in late November, last year. My payment went through on the 28th of that month, so I'm starting the counter from that date. I just now got the e-mail notice that the camera is back in transit to me, which makes it basically 7 weeks on the turnaround time. I'll post some information in a separate thread when I get the camera back and inspected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin