Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,228   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hasselblad storage/carrying case

Any sugestions on what seems to work well for carrying a Hasselblad kit (2 bodies/back and 60, 80 & 150 mm lenses). Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For travel, I keep my Hasselblad equipment in a couple of beater Halliburton cases. When I go out for a shoot, I take what I need in a Lowepro backpack. Although mine (model number unknown) was, I believe, designed to be used to carry a 35mm/DSLR system, it works well for carrying my Blads. I just move and adjust the padded inserts to conform to whatever I happen to be carrying. The pack - when used for 35mm excursions - is large enough to carry both 300mm F2.8 and 400mm F3.5 Nikkor telephotos as well as a host of shorter lenses, so it definitely has carrying capacity. I would suggest taking a look at Lowepro's (as well as those offered by other manufacturers) offerings; having used one for several years, I have found the backpack setup to be far easier on the shoulder(s) and posture than a shoulder bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I carry the same kit of lenses, 1 body, usually a spare back and misc. other stuff in a Domke F2 bag, which works pretty well. It has enough space to take a second body, though it would be a bit of a squeeze if it had a prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    Any sugestions on what seems to work well for carrying a Hasselblad kit (2 bodies/back and 60, 80 & 150 mm lenses). Bill Barber
    Bill I don't have the same system but i do have a large Blad system and I store five backs,one regluar body, one motorized body two polaroid backs, extension tube set, five lenses, hoods , filters, accessories and other components in a F64 rolling case which works extremely well. I use a Domke Original bag for a on the go smaller kit. I use a second Domke smaller bag for additional gear if I need to take along additional stuff. I might add that the Domke postal shoulder pad is very advantageous for helping offset the Blad weight. If I decide to use a back pack I use a standard North Face backpack with good shoulder straps and sternum strap. I load the gear wrapped with equipment wraps and place a section of dense foam in the bottom of the pack.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also use a Halliburton case for storage/travel. My system consists of a 503CW, 50,60,80, and 150 lenses, 3 backs, a PM45 prism, filters, etc. For a minimal setup for walking around I use a Lowepro Pro Toploader 70 which accommodates body with any lens and prism, plus meter and film. For additional backs I have belt mag. cases. I prefer messenger style bags for when I need to carry more gear. I have several sizes, but usually use the small one which will hold body and 3 lenses, etc. Tenba, Lowepro, and Think Tank all make great messenger bags. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Agree with hassyfan in regards to Thinktank bags. I bought a Thinktank that is carry on size for European flights and can put a 500mm, 50, 80, 120, 150 and 2 bodies,w/ eye level finders, two meters and fours backs along with film and filters . It comes with TSA locks, etc. and rolls. Can't say enough good things about it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Dr David -- and what does TSA do when they X-ray your bag? I've had to try to explain to them what a lens is, all the while hoping they don't drop the thing ("step back, sir, and don't touch!") They simply cannot comprehend what a Leica IIIa it, much less a SWC, and why I'd want to carry it with me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have tried several bags and by far the most comfortable to use is the Billingham Hadley (pro). The canvas is soft, the bag offers lots of room and excellent protection.

All the best, Frank
    www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tamrac 750 Daypack or 752 Daypack will carry that and much more. It balances well on the back and transfers the weight to the hips.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For even more space and full opening feature along with adjustable backpack features check the Tamrac Extreme packs. I went for the #787 several years ago and carry your requirements plus light meter, GPS, filters, 20+ rolls of film, tripod head and a folded up Gortex shell. It fits in the airline overhead compartments.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin