Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,885   Posts: 1,520,577   Online: 1023

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya RZ67 discontinued...

Mamiya and Leaf have recently integrated their marketing. A google search of "mamiya rz67" returns numerous hits. Any of the hits that point to Mamiya's Internet are now redirected to: http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/

There is no official announcement that I have seen yet, but the new MamiyaLeaf site only contains marketing for the 645DF line of cameras, nothing on RZ or RB.

Sad, but I am taking this as the end of this line as an active product.

Thoughts??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I doubt it's discontinued. My sense is that they are trying very hard to stake out the 645 market. No worries, the rz will be available for a long time.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    I doubt it's discontinued. My sense is that they are trying very hard to stake out the 645 market. No worries, the rz will be available for a long time.
    I hope that is the case. My sense, unfortunately, is that they are discontinuing it in an understated manner because retailers still have the RZIID in stock.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Maybe, who knows.
    The Mamiya 7 and RB used to be on the website too.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never used the Mamiya 7, so it did not occur to me, but you are right. Mamiya has abandoned film :-(

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the German Mamiya Website the RZ67 PRO IID as well as the Mamiya 7 II and the two AFD 6x4.5 are still present under products analog. It seem that Mamiya USA has stopped supporting analogue but then they aren't really Mamiya but a reseller after all.

Dominik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suspect that production of new RZ, Pro IId bodies ceased in 2010, with final dealer deliveries in 2011.
    Some dealers still have reserves of new, NOS, RZ, Pro II bodies in stock, along with the newer Pro IId's on the shelves.

Dealers around the world have been dumping their existing stock of new RZ, NOS, lenses for over six months now.
    Sadly, sort of like rats fleeing a sinking ship. Also, dumping NOS, RZ accessories, too.

New, NOS, RZ lenses, have been selling for far less than what some people are asking for used RZ lenses,
    sometimes heavily used RZ lenses.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you look at "The Online Photographer" blog for Monday this week you'll find some reference to the melding of Mamiya and Leaf and as it appears Phase One (who control both companies, apparently) have given Leaf the running on the Mamiya line of cameras I'd guess they're only going to continue with cameras that use the Leaf digital backs. Make sure you read all the comments though as there is information in there as well.
    Leica M6,
    Bessa R4A,
    Rolleiflex(s) 2.8/80, 4/135, 4/55.
    Nikkormat FTn
    Fuji X10

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Youdale View Post
    I'd guess they're only going to continue with cameras that use the Leaf digital backs.
    At the risk of getting burned on the stake here: AFAIK the RZ67 works with leaf digital backs.

Compatibility with leaf backs alone wouldn't be the reason. But let's be honest: I got my RZ67 Pro IID used but in mint condition for less than 1/4 of what B&H would ask for a new one. Accessories and lenses are even cheaper compared to cost of new equipment. I don't think many people buy new under these circumstances.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin